Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Portable vs Stationary Vaping

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Pot4fun, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Assuming both vaporizers actually vaporize and don't combust, what's the major difference between the big balloon bags like Volcanos or a portable like Pax in terms of vapor quality/type of high etc. I Don't wanna regret a purchase and cant decide if portable is the way to go but i would just be using it around the house anyway.

2. #2 wafdof, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
    If you would use it around the house then I would get a table top. We use an arizer with a whip and fan forced using the remote. It came with a bag too but that seemed like it was just another step that is unnecessary. Very few problems with it.

The portables have batteries, in the case of the pax, yes, you get a 10 year warranty but if the non-user replaceable battery fails, then you are out for several weeks while it gets replaced/repaired. We also have a Haze2 and it is better. User replaceable batteries that I already have several extras because I am a flashlight enthusiast. I have the flight box also, it works ok, My least favorite and it uses a version of the 18650 battery but without the overload protection.....

Lately we have been using the portables since we have been sitting outside at night since it has been so pleasant. If sitting outside is a possibility the balloon bags would still work.

We travel a lot, so the portables are the only way to go for that. Personally if I was never going to use them outside then I would get a table top. If I really had to pick one I would get the Haze2. 10 year warranty, user replaceable batteries, heats up quickly, takes all sorts of product from flowers, wax, e-juice, two bowls that can be loaded with different stuff and easy to clean.

If you are a heavy smoker be warned, the portables don't hold much and need to be cleaned more often. The air flow areas get clogged quickly and parts get sticky. The ariser does not hold a ton either but it is easy to lift the glass bowl out and load it up again. Super simple to clean. Take the glass bowl with the screen and whip off and Soak in bong cleaner, brush it a little and rinse.

3. Desktop often has more options, such as whip, balloon and accurate temp control where as portables don't. If you plan on using around the house a desktop is the way to go. I own a pax and have to say the thing is perfect for my on the go needs. I use my sublimator for my home use.

4. If you have money for a Volcano, ditch the PAX and consider the Mighty. It's made by the same company as Volcano. (Storz & Bickel)

5. For a heavy smoker that usually need upwards of a gram or more to get high, is a portable vaporizer even realistic? or would i need to pack like 7 heating chambers per session. I dont wanna burn our my device either, plan to use frequently throughout the day so id assume desktops are more durable

6. Personally, I love my Pax, but this is coming from someone who has only vaped using a Pax lol... I almost had a chance to try a Volcano the other day but we were missing a part and couldn't get it going. Like wafdof said, it's really all in preference. I hear people are way more satisfied in buying the volcano, but it is over 2X more costly than one of the most expensive portables (Pax is 300). It really comes down to how often you would want to bring it out... Not a ton? I'd go stationary. Want to use it on the go more? Portable is the way to go.

Just do your research and plan ahead... Can't go wrong [​IMG]

7. Just like any other device the more you use it the more upkeep it will require. My wife "Boosts" up her flowers with a bit of concentrate when she has a bugger of a migraine to get rid of.

8. The Mighty is great... Desktop quality vapor with the ability to carry it along wherever you go.

Most other portables can't match the vapor quality of a desktop model, which is why desktops are the more likely choice for experienced vaporists. However, with choosing a quality desktop model you have to realize you're not going to be able to take it out and about with you, which is why some people ultimely choose to go the portable route simply for the convenience of portability.

This is why I love the Mighty, because you get both quality vapor and portability if needed.