Removing the Confederate Flag

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Vicious, Jun 23, 2015.

1. [​IMG]

4. #306 ImTheJoker4u2, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP-5iHz29Sk

5. #307 Vicious, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
  6. "I see the flag as a symbol, and I leave the symbols to the symbol minded."
    - George Carlin

7. #309 pinkfloyddsm, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
    I just find the whole left to right, whatever i say is right but your opinion is wrong and shouldn't be valued because it goes against what i believe. I don't care for the confederate flag but it would be unamerican for it to be banished because a few people feel sad. the fuck outta here.

8. A well timed Carlin Quote. +Respect

9. If People want to wave a flag then let people wave a flag,, I Don't Care AtAll.. I Love to wave the good oL.. Red white and blue with all its Beautiful stars and stripes..

10. #312 *ColtClassic*, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2015
    Even if the flag is a symbol of racism (which is an argument I won't concede), I still don't think anybody has the right to tell other people what colors they can affix to a piece of cloth...

11. My only real concern is government buildings, because it does seem a little odd to me that public buildings in the South fly the battle flag of a defeated rebel army. If they ended up just getting it out of the public sphere I couldn't really complain too much.

12. Yeah. That does make sense, though I still don't support the trend of removing them without permission of the property owner.

13. That's theft, trespassing and vandalism. No one should support that.

14. #316 AugustWest, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2015
    not that i'm for the stupid flag or anything..

but does anyone have any data on how much less racism and violence there is now since they removed the flag, businesses stopped selling confederate flag items, and the dukes of hazzard is off the air?

15. Theft has gone up.
    At least for those who are willing to steal others property such as flags they don't agree with.

They should be careful though, they're eventually going to walk into a lead shower.

16. I think what a lot of ppl don't realize is that when we begin to erase history and heritage we are bound to repeat it. We repeat history all the time because today's generation doesn't realize that we have already done that. I think that it's not as racial as ppl make it out to be but ppl see it how they want to. If that flag was racist then mlk day is racist and Malcolm x was racist. This country is getting ridiculous with the shit that ppl want to bitch about. I don't think u will ever make ppl happy no matter what is done. They will find something else because the world is full of hate and ignorant ppl

17. How is removing a Confederate battle flag from government property erasing history? And I don't know how that compares to a day honoring a courageous American who lost his life for the cause of equality. That makes no sense.

18. Everyone should have to fly U.S. flag, everything else hurts my feelings [​IMG]