POLL: I like the new layout, do you?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Vee, Jun 23, 2015.

1. #1 Vee, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
    As above: I like it so much I left a poll for you ...lol

2. No you didn't...:p

You should still be able to edit and add it...:)

3. UGLY UGLY UGLY! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

4. no one is going to like it until they start getting used to it ... It is a huge change

5. I like the white background. It looks nice an clean and easy to pick out the text. But it's lost so many features, it feels like an over simplified app. I only really use my phone now but always use the desktop version because the mobile version is over simplified and the app is really frustrating. This feels like an app and that I'm missing out on features. It's good to hear that there are still things waiting to be added.

I was picked as a tester but when clicking on the link I was given all I got was a screen saying it was unavailable. I tried this many times and just did now a couple of minutes ago and it's still saying unavailable. I'm guessing I'm not the only one if you got a low turn out.

I very much like that I can see my all of my text as I'm writing this so I can proof read before clicking post :)

6. #7 GoldGrower, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
    I love the new reputation bar.

I hate that everything is in one long narrow column so I have to scroll down through a ton of stuff before I get to the first post.

Navigation seems to be an issue. There's no way to move around the forum without first going back to the home page and stepping through all the sections.

I don't want to sound like I'm bitching, just trying to give feedback

Edit...

Disregard the comment about navigating, I figured it out lol. Works perfectly

7. I actually really do like it from many perspectives, as an users, as a stoner, as a computer tech as well as an artist. Everything flows, everything accommodates for anything and anyone, and the way it is more modern, vectorized and overall smooth, makes it even that much nicer.

The little touches here and there like the "mini profile view" when you hover over someones name, or the added emojis, give that little spice that makes it unique, yet still keeps it somewhat "professional" and modern. We do have users ranging from 18-100 i'm sure and this new layout I feel makes it more well rounded for all users, even newbies.

Change is always good anyways and besides, all WHITE is all RIGHT, and i'm hispanic so don't think this is a race thing but white, for me anyways, helps me focus on the words more, makes the images and pictures pop out rather than having to process and decode all different types of colors and pixels. Still keeps the original G.C feel but like I said added that modern touch. Def gotta get used to the "bigness" but that's alright if that's my only complaint then we are doin good lol!

keep it up guys keep it up! #teamgc

8. I love that we have a rep bar, it's just a shame mine is brown, has there ever been a worse colour? Lol. It looks like a long poop under my name. I guess I'm going to have to become a rep hoe and get a green one lol

9. your right as I navigate around and do a lil more digging there are some tweaks that could be made, and some things that probably got left out during coding or moving day or whatever but they will probably be implemented back i'm sure, but it does feel kind of "app-y" lol, Also that rep bar, your right, but I guess that's what we get for being noob at rep, we get poop :p

Also just realized the little "click here to view new content (514) >" is getting a little annoying especially in that dark plum color while it just hovers over your post waiting for you to click it, cause it knows you will.

10. There is no single feature removed from the system , instead the new website has twice features compared to old one :)

11. Zooming in and out is a feature that doesn't work any more because everything is laid out in one long narrow column

12. The reputation bar colours are not final. They are identical to what i set them in test board. Once SJ will announce some further changes in coming week , they will 99% different colours :)

13. When I mentioned zooming in and out I was talking about when I zoom out to scroll around the page so it's much faster, and then zoom back in to read and reply. Also zooming in on photos is particularly useful, which I can't do any more.

I'm not bitching, I'm just voicing an observation. I have stated good things about the changes as well

14. That is responsive design. The design adjust itself according to the device width you are using. It is todays standards. You view forum a bit different then me viewing it on actual browser. Try to visit the board on an actual pc browser and you'll notice it ;)

15. #16 GoldGrower, Jun 23, 2015
    I have noticed some other websites doing this. It's never been something that I liked. I prefer to have the freedom of zooming and scrolling so you can move around the page much faster

Overall though, the more I use the new version, the more I'm finding new things I prefer.

16. how many colours are there? Bronze, silver and gold always works well but if there are more colours than 3 it's no good I guess

17. Please await for SJ's announcement :)

18. #19 GoldGrower, Jun 23, 2015
    I really like that the avatar and name of the poster is above the post itself. Assuming everyone elses' is laid out the same

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Edit...

Any idea why my photos aren't showing up? I don't know what I'm doing wrong

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Looks like the Image Url you used doesn't exist ?

Why not use drag and drop functionality to attach images to posts ?