I hate the new layout

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by Vicious, Jun 23, 2015.

1. wait, so you stopped into this thread to cry about crybabies? when i do the math that makes you a bigger cry baby. [​IMG]

2. Your calculations are incorrect.

3. did you jut come in here to post about crybabies crying about other crybabies?
    that has to make you the ultimate crybaby..

4. All looks the same to me. :(

5. Blacks? :confused:

Me too. :D

6. I was one of those 200 volunteers, but the link I was sent took me to a page that said the site was not available at this time.

I checked back many times and it always said the same. So I suspect I wasn't the only one that had that problem. I was looking forward to helping out for several months
    I have gotten around this by putting a link to my blog in my signature and adding links to my threads in the blog. It seems to work pretty well

7. I'm already used to the changes and I think it's way better. It's fixed a lot of the issues I had with the old system. This is smoother, faster and simpler. I really like the black on white clean look too

8. #48 Vicious, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2015
    I'm getting use to it but my only gripe still is how much room everything takes up and the negative space. I wish when I zoomed out the posts would get wider with and shrink vertically so I could fit more posts on screen without obstructing space.

Lenny's image is what I'm talking about

[​IMG]

9. #49 didier12, Jun 25, 2015
    Can't they make it just less bright white, what happened to having a mellow green background like the days of old, which was an unpainful and relevant colour for the site. That's my main gripe with the site, also fair play to vicious for raising your opinion and lols at the people bitching about that.

10. They're working on other color schemes. I ended up using my screen dimmer for now.

11. pretty sure you already knew i posted that so why ask? ah i get it, just proving Indians did fuck buffalo. well done sir. [​IMG]

12. What device are you using? Have you tried a different browser? It's just that I don't have the same view as that. This is what I see...

[​IMG]

13. I'm on a PC.

14. I prefer the bright white background because I don't have to have my phone's back light on, so I save battery power

15. ooh right, I can see how that would be an issue. I very rarely use my pc anymore. My phone seems to manage pretty much everything these days

16. #56 Fizzly, Jun 25, 2015
    I sure hope so. I hate this vomit green. With the previous version I made it blue.

I've been fucking with computers since 1992 and I will never understand computer people.

- They keep improving programs to the point where they are cumbersome, user-unfriendly, and impossible to do simple things with. And they keep going and going. When I started out I had MS Word 2.0. It had quite a lot of features but I learned how to do a lot of things on it by myself, with help from some books. Now I never use Word -- it's so unwieldy it's like it was created by government bureaucrats. "Jarte" is a basic freeware word processor that I use; it does everything I need without taking it in the ass by Bill Gates. I also have a bare-bones PDF reader called "Sumatra" that works well. Fuck Adobe.

- Programs and websites often add useful, easy-to-learn features. Then after you get used to them they take them away. Like the color options here -- which I hope they bring back. Photobucket is a great example. They kept fucking with it until it sucks now. MORE mouse clicks to do the same thing.

- The limp-wristed non-contrast here is so bad I have to tip my screen to see some of the options. They're almost the same color as the background.

- The Nerd Creed: "Change just for the sake of change is good. Anyone who complains about it is a crybaby. If you ever go to prison and don't like getting cornholed by bull nigs STFU. Stop crying, take it like a man, you'll get used to it. Somebody rapes your wife or daughter? Stop crying about it, you'll get used to it."

EDIT: I tried to add some things after I previewed the above and can't do it. How the fuck do you do it? There were no options for it. The edit screen was all one horizontal line of text with no "Switch" button to turn coding on or off like the previous version had. This is ridiculous. I've been posting on forums since 1994 and it was always straight forward and easily learned. WTF.

17. Hit more reply options and there you'll find preview. Just like before but with an extra step.

18. I find the colors deepening already and the screen is dimmer than when the new format was first launched. I don't have to use my screen dimmer anymore.

19. That is directly related to the new added Journal Gallery. There is no other good spot to display the gallery . Additionally inside a journal images are very important and new gallery format can easily highlight all the grow stages to interested parties.

20. Bad example then.

[​IMG]