I hate the new layout

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by Vicious, Jun 23, 2015.

1. [​IMG]
    Aaaaaand now I want fries.

2. #22 RMJL, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
    Hey, now...everyone is very much entitled to their opinion. Let's not jump on someone for their likes or dislikes. Vicious doesn't like it and expressed that opinion respectfully...as are others.

3. I can see why you guys took away neg rep.

4. #24 TheWhiteLighter, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
    Not a fan but I'll give it time and see what reiterations come about before wanking about it.

Not like I'll leave the City over it.

Edit: yayyyy I'm a beginner not a noob! but labels suck unless they are noobs [​IMG]

5. I've hated it every time it's been changed over the years.
    Then I get used to it.
    Then I roll my chair over my foot.
    Nothing else matters anymore.

6. Not gonna lie...I'm not a huge fan of the new style...seems so barren compared to what I'm used to...

The big part of that is the "what I'm used to"...

It has grown on me over time though, and I imagine in a bit more time it'll be just like home again...

With the last big update I had months of playing with the new design before it went live, so I was quite used to it...with this one, I've only had a few weeks, so it's understandable that I'm not used to it yet...

Sure...any big change can be jarring...especially when it's made to a place that a lot of us have spent in over the years...

Nothing is perfect, but with some time, I'm sure most people will settle in and at least look at the positives of it...

The admin and tech staff are always open to feedback, as long as it is respectful, insightful and helpful...

If you don't like the new look, that's fine...we all have our likes and dislikes...thankfully people have been making suggestions to improve the site, rather than just posting a useless "I hate it"...if you hate it, please at least try to say why, or even better, try to provide helpful suggestions that they can possibly implement into the design...

I also understand the tester's point of view...the ones who participated in the testing went out of their way and tried hard to make sure this transition would be as smooth as possible...they were able to get a few suggestions and tweaks implemented during the testing phase, and actually do have a reason to be proud of the work that they put in to help out all the members of the city...

In the end, this is still Grasscity...be it too bright, too weirdly spaced, too whatever...

Personally, I was drawn into this place initially back before we were using IPB, not because the old vBulletin forums were the best looking, most convenient, or even borderline reliable...hell, they were a wreck...but because of the people, and the vibe they created here...that is more significant than how a page looks to me...[​IMG]

7. My app is still good but the website is just bright, can't really look directly at it. It will git fixed

Sent from my iPad Blood Eagle

8. well said....thank you. :cool:

9. I did say why though: "It's way too big, rounded off and centered.", "All the posts take up early a full screen and if you do zoom out, everything is in the dead center of the screen with HUGE margins." I'm not being vague or nit-picky. Just shooting straight and getting a ton of shit for it.

10. Not giving you shit...not at all...you provided constructive criticism...never a bad thing...:cool:

I was just trying to avoid a bunch of people coming into this thread just to post "I hate it" without a reason why or a possible solution...

Was also trying to point out to others that well meaning, constructive criticism is not a bad thing, and not something that the people who helped out with the change should take personally...:)

11. We solicited for testers for months before testing went live and of the close to 200 volunteers, perhaps 20 people worked their butts off testing and helping to identify bugs, testing performance, and helping to tweak new forum features. A lot of the "testers" just went right to their usual haunts and didn't contribute much or at all.

Moral of the story:

Everybody had an opportunity to become involved and put in their $ .02 cents. Please try to adapt as Lizard King and his team work through the thousands of little tweaks to streamline this new venue.

12. At least there are 20 very happy people [​IMG]

13. #33 jackhos, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    s

14. I like the white background. It looks nice an clean and easy to pick out the text. But it's lost so many features, it feels like an over simplified app. I only really use my phone now but always use the desktop version because the mobile version is over simplified and the app is really frustrating. This feels like an app and that I'm missing out on features. It's good to hear that there are still things waiting to be added.

I was picked as a tester but when clicking on the link I was given all I got was a screen saying it was unavailable. I tried this many times and just did now a couple of minutes ago and it's still saying unavailable. I'm guessing I'm not the only one if you got a low turn out.

I very much like that I can see my all of my text as I'm writing this so I can proof read before clicking post :)

15. Since we can only post one thread in our signatures, how about a link that lets others see all that posters threads?
    <span style="background-color: rgb(79, 129, 189);">
    </span>
    <span style="background-color: rgb(79, 129, 189);"></span>Also, each title sho<span style="color: rgb(79, 129, 189);">uld have a pop up bubble that tells what the thread is about. </span>

16. You should be able to check out member's topics from their profile page...

[​IMG]

I know my options are a bit different, but I think normal members have that tab...

Attached Files:

17. was just gonna say the same thing..
    200 people signed up and maybe 6-10 actually went in and tested the thing..

I like it personally.. it's different and will become the same old grasscity once we all get used to it.

and it's free.. so fuck it.

18. I'm just mad at every new thing that happens. For me, it provides an easy target to complain about and complaining makes me feel alive and involved.

19. piss piss whine whine boo hoo cry cry know what I'm sayin?[​IMG]

20. I hate everything about it, including everything mentioned above.

The pale color sucks, not enough contrast. Running W7 Aero is bad enough by itself for contrast, but this just makes it worse. On my other PC I'm running Windows Classic color scheme and it's not much better there.

No more color options?

It reminds me of Photobucket -- every time they "upgrade" it, they take more good features away and it gets less user-friendly.