I hate the new layout

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by Vicious, Jun 23, 2015.

1. I don't expect this to bring any change but I'll voice my opinion anyway. The new layout is atrocious. It's way too big, rounded off and centered. I feel like I'm on a blown up phone app. All the posts take up early a full screen and if you do zoom out, everything is in the dead center of the screen with HUGE margins. It might look right on a mobile app but I don't post on my PC for that aesthetic. I hate it.

2. #2 guesswhat, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
    Agreed 100%. Is there a way to view as the last version?

Edit: Hearing this isn't the final version is reassuring. The wasted space and cluttered feel is the most bothersome change. The "View New Content" banner is also an odd choice to have, hopefully this can be turned off. Round look to the site is also a downside, though that's just a visual which seems to happen with everything now.

No hate to those who worked on the new site, I'm sure it took a lot of effort and time. I just miss the old look and feel of the website. All in all I'm still happy Grasscity is a site with the best community around.

3. You can stop crying.

Or can you?

4. Give it some time and get used to it.

5. Thanks for being so helpful when it comes to having an opinion.

6. Thanks for giving your input in the test site :smoke:

7. oh well ...

8. Yeah it fucking sucks. Just giving dark colors would be an improvement, i have to lower luminosity to minimum.

9. To be fair they plan to change that part.

<blockquote><cite>"Lizard King, on 22 Jun 2015 - 7:31 PM, said:</cite>Just to let you all know , we have plans to create a darker version of the design. Our testers supplied that feedback and we always listen our fellow blades suggestions. It may take some time to do it , but that is one of our critical tasks in hand.

We also will like to thank to all our users whom assisted us during testing stages to clean out the bugs."

</blockquote>

10. yeah what wax said.
    There's no opinion you're giving...just a bunch of BS crying about it.

Sorry just pointing out the obvious.

11. Aren't you chipper?

12. Classic case of the Pot calling the kettle black. Whats funny is most people who are bitching :

1. Weren't part of the test group and could have easily signed up to be in it.

2. Dont realize this isnt the final version of the site and that there are actually going to be changes to the layout.

3. Resort to making threads or posts bitching about it instead of go to the New Design Layout thread and give input there.

4. This site is free, why not make your own forum if unhappy?? You can spend your own money on hosting .
    5. New emojis yo [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. Last I checked this was the feedback section. I'm not posting about a bug. I wouldn't call this "bitching" either. I'm calling it ugly. Not crying.

14. Well lucky for you , this isnt the final version :D

15. Which is why I'm giving feedback. Chill out.

16. Couldnt have said it better myself :)

17. I'm not the one calling people pots and kettles, nor am I crying or bitching. I can't imagine who you're telling to chill other than yourself or Mr. Burgundy.

18. vicious, i don't think what you are saying is unfounded whatsoever.

my screen resolution is 1920x1280 and everything is pushed so far to the center, it feels like there's more negative space than there is not. look: http://imgur.com/WlGEOWw

i can't help but think im on a blown-up mobile version like you said.

i'm not saying this just to bitch, i think it's just a simple error that can be easily fixed :)

thanks for all your hard work gnik [​IMG]

19. I like some of the changes but there are a few things that are getting to me like when I scroll up that menu pops up and won't go away until I scroll down. Not a big deal but my laptop screen is much wider than it is tall so it covers a solid chunk of the screen and makes it difficult to get to a particular post I want to see or have the entire post in my view. I could also do without the "Click here to view new content" bar as well.

I agree that it feels a bit too much like an app but at the same time I think that once this layout gets worked on a bit more it could be my favorite layout since the good ole days with the classic layout. I almost cried when the last one came out and GC lost the classic "forum feel" as I call it.