Best No-Till container material and size/hight ratio

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by WorstCases, Jun 22, 2015.

1. #1 WorstCases, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2015
    Hi guys.

If I understand no-till right:
    The goal of no-till containers is to mimic nature as good as any possible, so nature can work for us to produce the best plant ever.

I am wondering what the best material for a long term no-till container is.

I was thinking about building something out of wood and would like to know what your experiences with different materials are.

Also I'm wondering if for a no-till method a relative deep pot in relation to the diameter would be beneficial? In a deep pot one could arranange a very heavy soil in the bottom and work up to organic material further towards the top. Anybody any erperience/opinion?

If one would go all the way out, it seems possible to maybe even implement some kind of natural , circulating water reservoir in the lower sand/clay layers?
    Layers example

If anything was already discussed, please point me to the topic - I was not able to find anything yet.

2. start reading the No Till thread at the top of the forum. everyone grows in smart pots and discusses sizes in there. since no one builds them really here, then you will not find much info on that but from what I've read, most people started out with deeper large fabric beds and then switched to a shallow squat design of a foot depth or so.
    I am resigning one of my rooms right now and I am reading this thread http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1151159-noobwannbs-self-wicking-smartpot-ghetto-setup.html which what was suggested for me to read to design my containers using the method this forum likes to use.
    don't do layers and follow supersoil advice. no long time member advocates it and they have proof that this is what is called stoner logic or stoner science. that also is in the no till thread.

3. fabric pots.
    you can do sip like LLB said, but from personal observation with the sip i have for my mother plants, you have to be really careful with how much you top drench with. i stopped giving my mother plants sst's because they would go into over-watered mode if i gave them even a tiny bit too much. personally i would not use sips in flower unless you don't plan on drenching often with sst's / coconut water etc.

4. Thank you for the answers!

I couldnt't log-in sooner lost pw and could not find the "reset" option in the new forum design).
    What are sst's?

Is there a place in the forum for all these abbreviations? I could not find them and am sometimes lost...

5. sprouted seed tea. they talk about it on the no-till thread, which i recommend you read if you are planning on going no-till.