Sick looking Gorilla Glue No. 4 clones

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by lazyleopard10, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Good morning everyone,
    I'm kind of concerned about two of my clones. I'm currently growing some GDP, Blue dreams, and Gorilla Glue No.4. The BD and GDP look awesome however my GG4 not so much...

The new leaves growing on the GG4 look pretty healthy but the lower leaves look slightly droopy and are dark in color almost like a purple tint to the leaves. One of the clones has a leaf that has started to yellow and even brown. I'm not sure if this is an issue or not as I remember reading somewhere that clones will tend to suck the life out of their old leaves to give life to the new ones. I just want to make sure my plants are not sick, will not mess up my other plants, and I would ideally like to save them because lets face it Gorilla Glue is top notch [​IMG]

I'm currently growing them in a 4x4x6.5 tent under a 1000w MH that is air cooled by a 6" 420cfm exhaust fan. The tent is at around 82-86 degrees (a little on the high side I know) and the humidity is at 40-50% (also very low I know!). I've already created another post on how I can fix these issues.
    I picked up and transplanted these clones into 1 gallon pots of Light Warrior about a week ago and the first day I just gave them a little cal mag and water. They sucked that all up within 24 hours so I gave them a little more. Then after a couple of days and the soil started to get a little dry I gave them the first feeding of fox farms big bloom and cal mag. I did the recommended 6tsp to the gallon of distilled water and half a tsp of cal mag. Also what I found strange about this is the recommended PPM on the feeding schedule is 700-840 I believe. I was only registering about 204 PPM on my TDS meter. So I'm really not sure what that's about or why it was so diluted. The PH of the water has been around 6.25.

I'm attaching some pics of my healthy plants (healthy in my opinion feel free to object) as well as my not so healthy ones. FYI the white spots on the leaves are from Great White I gave the top of the soil and the leaves of the plants a light dusting when I transplanted them. (Not sure if dusting the leaves is correct as the bottle only says dust soil but the guy at the hydro store recommended doing it).

20150621_105831.jpg Healthy GDP
    20150621_105831.jpg Healthy Blue Dreams
    20150621_015812.jpg GDP next to Gorilla Glue Clones
    20150621_015903.jpg Sick GG4
    20150621_015917.jpg Sick GG4

2. I just realized I uploaded a pic of the Blue dreams twice. This is my GDP plant [​IMG]  20150621_105814.jpg

3. Looks like over watering causing lockout..back off on watering

4. Ok thank you! Should I back off on watering just the sick plants or all of them? When I do water the sick ones again should I just use regular water without nutes?

5. Yea you can use plain ph'd water..I always used liquid karma to bring ph down naturally when not using nutes..id cut back on all of em and you can foliar feed with a mild nute solution to green em back up..you also have some heat stress starting (curled up edges) so prob wanna get the heat down some too

6. Thanks I'll give this all a shot! I also noticed the heat stress. It's getting way too hot in there and I'm not sure what to do about it at this point.

7. #7 lazyleopard10, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2015
    When should I start foliar feeding them and how frequently should I do that? I watered them two days ago with the big bloom when should I do another watering of regualr water? I also have some dynagrow protekt could I add that to the foliar feeding to try and help combat the heat stress in addition to trying to drop the temp inside the tent?

8. If they arent real light green just back off watering, its hard to tell in the pic..it wont help the already damaged leaves but if you do, just foliar em once and theyll green up in a couple days..you can foliar whenever but i would wait and see how backing off the water helps since you already gave em calmag n nutes

9. Perfect. Thank you so much for all of your help! I'll post pics in a few days.

10. Yea even when theyre dry they have moisture in there until they're like dust dry..Ive had plants go a week without needing water especially if they are fresh transplants and dont have their roots established yet..they dont look too bad so you should be fine

sucks I just got gorilla glue clones like a month ago and got hemp russet mites shortly after.. have never even had normal mites in 10yrs :( My flowering girls were done luckily but i just scrapped everything in the veg room..sucked

11. The gorilla glue is cursed! [​IMG]

I need to find a better place to pick up clones next time I decide to buy some. The BD and GDP are beautiful clones but it took me close to an hour to find those ones. Out of the hundreds of clones that they had very few actually looked like they would grow. I looked at every single trimming they had.

12. #12 левша, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2015
    Start lifting your pots. I been doing reading over at SG's old school thread and he cant stress enough the issue of over watering. I only hope i can get the message as well as he can, im not a grower but heres what i can give you
    When you place water in, air inside the soil is being pushed out. As the plant drinks, air is being brought back in, like a working lung.
    If you get used to lifting your pots when you water, you can tell when they are hungry again if the pots are feeling lighter.
    The thing is, a lot of growers get anxty with their water and they think itll die if it doesnt get it real fast so they water anyway.
    I cant say for certain but im puttin my money on overwatering being worse than under watering. (Obviously that depends by how much) i do think i remember reading the plants recuperate faster from under watering than over watering.
    But like i said just give it some time, even if the top soil is dry, it could be a little moist in the bottom.
    Its best to learn the lifting technique to give watering when you are sure they are finished drinking, to then give more. That is what a good grower tries to do.
    Thats as far as i can say lol, if anyone wants to correct me, go ahead, i was only playing. I like to learn.

13. Ok so I haven't had a chance to check on the ladies this morning but last night I took some pics of them. Currently the sickly plant is kind of looking worse but the new growth is super green. I'm just still really worried about it. I've been with holding the actual feedings but I have done one foliar feeding of just plain water and then last night I did one with diluted big bloom, cal mag, and protekt to try and combat heat stress.

Plant #1 looks really sick and I'm worried about but like I said the new green looks super green:
    20150622_225432 (1).jpg
    View attachment 1807516
    20150622_225427 (1).jpg
    20150622_225440.jpg
    20150622_225500.jpg

Plant #2 looks overall healthy and perky but the leaves look really dark and almost bruised not sure if its nute burn or if thats just the color of this plant:
    20150622_225525.jpg
    20150622_225536_001 (1).jpg

I'm not sure what to make of it all the rest of my clones are growing great and look spectacular.

Attached Files:

14. *bump* anyone? Sorry don't mean to bump this so soon but i dont want these two to die. Lol

15. they still look over watered..hoe they lookin today? sometimes if my drainage is off and Im over watered I will run my dehumidifier for a day or two and really dry em out

16. Looks like it could be phosphorus def.

• Winner Winner x 1