Hillary Attacks 2nd Amendment while Charleston Embraces Guns.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DivineVictoryX, Jun 21, 2015.

1. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/21/hillary-clinton-i-will-not-be-afraid-to-keep-fighting-for-gun-control/

Last post.

Just Wake yourself up to what is happening.

Just pathetic.

I'm glad Charleston is on the right side.

Just because someone Mentally Challenged and on Psychiatric Drugs(which is what most of these shootings have) massacres a place doesn't mean we need Gun Control.

Yet when these shootings come up the first thing they do is ATTACK THE 2nd Amendment. Always, because of one person who has problems mentally.

It doesn't make sense. Just Like Marijuana not being Legal when alcohol is and they continue to demonize it.

It doesn't make sense.

They're all against us.

The Right To Bear Arms Shall Not Be INFRINGED!

Our Founders Made it Clear as Day. Yet someone who attacks the amendment is in power.

2. What's even more amusing is that people think that if we pass more gun control laws, the criminals will follow them.

3. #3 SlowMo, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
    I'm ok with tougher gun laws. Fine - go for it.

I'm also ok with less stringent gun laws. Fine - go for it.

Either way, it's too late. Even if the sale of guns - ALL guns - was entirely banned by law today, do the political loudmouths seriously believe it would have an impact on the random, violent acts of crazy people. Will urban gangs suddenly lose their ability to kill each other with a gun???

Get real! There's more than enough guns permeating society to permit gangs, criminals, and sociopaths to continue their slaughter. So do whatever, but we'll still have to address the root cause down the line - maybe when leaders decide to deal with reality instead of spewing partisan bullshit.

I'm ok with eliminating confederate flags. Adios.

I'm ok with keeping them wherever the local people want to do that. Whatever.

Regardless of their decisions, I understand the reasons that both sides have so whatever they decide is fine. However, either way they choose, it's not going to affect psychos from walking into public gatherings and killing lots of people. And it's not going to stop thieves, murderers, and gangs from wreaking havoc on society.

The bottom line is this - why don't we Americans, of both Left and Right persuasions, insist that our political party's strategists and their butt-boy media propagandists quit minimizing the discussion of such problems by forcing them into such secondary, peripheral areas. The gun didn't decide to kill 9 people in that Charleston, SC church, and the flag didn't force the holder of the gun pull the trigger. So make whatever laws you want - more guns or less guns, flag, no flag - it ain't gonna solve the problem of gun violence! But the bullshit surrounding the lawmaking will probably get people elected or re-elected, and that's really what all the political claptrap is about.

We ALL better be insisting with a VERY loud voice that our so-called leaders start dealing with root causes instead of merely yapping about and hyping politically expedient strawmen.

4. #4 Deleted member 42976, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    Our country has a huge mental health problem. We should be focusing on fixing that instead of trying to disarm everyone.

Giving everyone psychotropic drugs isn't going to help either.

5. It's just that people would like to believe we can just adopt a certain set of policies and make these things stop happening. You might as well make it illegal for it to rain.

6. Good analogy!

And it doesn't help when there are self-serving ideologies and significant numbers of people with there heads up their asses that think it an improvement to systematically destroy whatever forces of cohesion that would bind us together and give us a basis for behaving responsibly and sanely.

7. you should run for office

Banning rain might just ne the change we need

Hope!

-yuri

8. They don't want to feel like they're doing nothing

Downside to liberals - progress, even when it leads to no progress

gun laws arent bad tho

9. change =\= progress

Part of conservativism is preserving progress we already made, instead of undoing it

The second amendment was progress. For the first time in the history of the world we had a free nation.

Then came the liberals to ruin it

-yuri
    That was supposes to be = / =

But if I edit it will fuck up more

-yuri

10. It's nice to see the NRA propaganda machine is still well oiled. I was a little worried common sense would prevail. Thank God fanaticism and corporate greed trump common sense and basic decency. Yes, we do need federal gun control laws. But I don't think enough innocent blood has been spilled yet. Not quite yet. On average 31 people die per day in the U.S. from gun violence. Maybe when it gets into the hundreds or thousands we'll start to see the light.

What I find amusing is how gun fanatics equate control with ban. Control is not banning. Very few people want the banning of guns. A lot of us would love to see more stringent regulations on the buying and selling of guns. No more internet sales. No more sales in grocery stores like Walmart. No more gun shows. Guns should be sold in designated gun shops with extensive and comprehensive background checks. A waiting period before you're able to take a gun home. A mandatory gun safety course with a test to pass or fail. No purchase until you pass. Would you let an idiot behind the wheel if he/she couldn't pass a driving test?

The screaming and ad hominem attacks will now commence. Have a nice day. :)

11. That was progress 300 years ago

Today it's something u have in common with poor and unstable countries

12. 31 deaths in a nation of 300 million isn't really that much. The murders were all comitted by criminals who don't obey laws in the first place so passing more laws really has no effect on people who already don't follow the law.

13. Thank you for illustrating my point.

14. lolwut?

I have two eyes just like people from Isis too. I guess having 2 eyes is bad huh?

-yuri

15. I'd rather there be a 7 day waiting period for a firearm purchase, for the sole purpose of trying to prevent gun suicides. I don't have any data on whether a person purchases a gun and commits suicide, or already has one and commits suicide though, its just a hunch.

I know there was that gun statistics thread on GC a few years back that was quite comprehensive, showed that from the thousands of inmates the FBI questioned, it was around 30-40% said they got their firearm from a gun show. I don't think you can ban gun shows, but mandating a background check is more feasible. However nothing is guaranteed with private sales.

Kinda ironically there was a lot of stuff in Obama's gun control proposals that I agreed with, like more resources for police to be at schools, some measures to work around HIPPA and try to introduce mental health into background checks etc, he just wanted to ban rifles and limit magazine capacity, both of which aren't necessary.

16. Out of all the shootings and senseless murders that have happened. Has there been any change in you're gun laws at all?

Its been quite informative reading these threads the past few days.
    As an outsider with no agenda,i feel the pro gun people arent going to give one inch,regardless of what has and will happen in the future.

From what i gather they arent going to ban guns or even suggesting that. Just tighten the control of them. Is that really that bad? Maybe someone can explain it for me.

And yea i know its in you're constitution,but we had outdated laws here,they were either changed or ignored as they had no bearing on today's society.

17. If you could fire projectiles at 1000ft/s through your eyes then yes

18. If I remember my Wikipedia correctly the American 2nd amendment was inspired by the British constitution written some 100 yrs prior to 1776

The English justified their liberal gun laws for the same reason as the muricans - to prevent government tyranny

19. Damn straight! From my cold dead hands. Not one iota of compromise.

20. Lol erm ok!