6 Autos in DWC

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by GoldGrower, Jun 21, 2015.

1. #141 stoner719, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2015
    All my plants on my veg flood table and in the ebb n flow buckets on the right side of the flower tent are a strain called grand dog tahoe .i belive it to be a three way cross between Grand Daddy purple, chemdog,and og Tahoe..

2. Grand dog tahoe day 30 flower ( little six inch clone when i put in flower ...my test clone)

Attached Files:

3. Nice! Yea, ima nother one GG helped out. Come to find out i was wasting so much before i read his post an got some help from him on tha side too! Now my runs r great healthy plants an super white roots.

4. I've never heard of that one but it's certainly got a solid bloodline

5. they are looking awesome mate

6. the smell on the BlackBerry is amazing. It smells just like these

[​IMG]

7. I have been having trouble lifting up the lid of the reservoir due to some of the branches being tied down, so I have installed a second reservoir hooked up RDWC style

[​IMG]

I also supercropped a few branches so was able to put the LED unit back in

[​IMG]

8. Nice! Slick way of incorporating the rdwc. Kinda reversed pumping, but given your shallow tub, it appears an extremely effective way to add virtually any remote res. So long as it's overflow height is proper.
    Mad props! Plants are looking great too!

9. Daaaaaaaaam..what happen to bein an auto, an getting done faster than normal LOL everythings like always looken great as hell that RDWC add on is a great idea never seen that done. Wish i thought about it when i had my last run would kept things much cooler an had a better finish. So u hav a motor in both to keep the water moving or jus the add on one?

10. I wondered if anyone would notice lol. Yeah spot on, thanks man

11. thanks man. I have a small pump in the plant's reservoir and that moves water to the remote reservoir. Then the remote reservoir overflows back to the plant's reservoir.

As crankz mentioned, its a way of me being able to use a reservoir that is deeper than the plant's reservoir. Its not perfect but it serves it's purpose

12. The ionic nutes u run have u ever had them long enough to see what type of shelf life they have? Askin cuz i strted runnin the same an its gonna take a lil bit till i can start using the bloom an i dont want it to be no good!

13. if kept cool I don't see why it wouldn't last at least a few years. It's stable in its form. Sunlight can screw it up but the bottles are light proof for that reason. Ill check to see if there's a date on the bottle.

I have just finished my bloom bottle, and almost finished my grow bottle and I've had them for about a year so they last that long at least

14. they are 10 weeks old today and usually with autos I would be looking to harvest now but these autos are just not normal.

They vegged longer than most, the chocolate skunk vegged significantly longer. Resulting in massive plants that grew up to, and in the case of the bubble gum and c'skunk way past the light. This caused massive heat stress and most of the bud is just huge clusters of fox tails. No density at all.

The rocket fuel and black berry grew more normally.

None are ready today but probably just a couple of weeks to go so I'm going to empty the reservoir tomorrow and refill with empty water

15. #155 atticflowers, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2015
    Did u change the res already to start useing your bloom ferts yet or this is the first?

Ive been looken at everyone elses stuff on this forum an another one i done lost a battle with root rot of some new crops i had comin up plus my last i messed up too tryin to dry it too fast. I did start some soil an those r doin good. I jus cant get DWC with my water an too much heat.

16. the heat really can make a difference. What was the temperature of the nutrient solution? Mine sits at 22℃. But I do have a pump circulating it. I add a frozen 2 litre bottle of water and that will bring it down to 19℃ for several hours through the middle of the day. In the night the nutrient solution sits at about 20℃ so it's not too bad.

Are you using filtered water? That can take out chlorine and allow bacteria to grow more easily.

I emptied my res last week and put bloom nutes in. I had been adding veg nutes and PK boost for a few weeks because I had run out of bloom lol. Not ideal but that's all I had

17. these buggers have had their reservoir replaced with empty water and will all be harvested within a few days.

They have had a bit of a kicking really. Sharing a single reservoir with plants with different needs didn't help. The stretching got out of hand. Temperatures got way too high. I run out of bloom nutes. It was just one problem after another lol.

It good be worse though, there are a few large colas there, it looks pretty good considering all the problems.

The Russian rocket fuel is ready, and the bubble gum's leaves are so yellow and crisp that I'm scared that mould could set in. It would be hard to get just those two out because they are at the back, so fuck it, they're all coming out

18. #158 GoldGrower, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
    the purple one is blackberry, the one with severe heat stroke is Russian rocket fuel.

[​IMG]

Most of what you see is bubblegum

[​IMG]

19. My res was at 74* F it stays at that even at nite LOL im useing my tap water non filtered.
    Question; i have a product called Prime i use in my fish tanks to take the chlorine out im wondering if this could work i figure its safe for my planted fish tanks y not for terrestrial plants?

20. I guess it probably would take out the chlorine, but why would you want to? 74℉ is over 23℃ so I'd say this is your primary concern