6 Autos in DWC

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by GoldGrower, Jun 21, 2015.

1. thanks mate, DWC always does me proud, you just can't go wrong with it.

I don't add any bacteria to the res. I only have 20 litres of air per minute running through my res so not as much as I usually recommend people do. The res temps stay pretty low now that the plants have filled out the area but early in the grow they were pretty high.

I put the fast growth down to matching the reservoir's ppm to what the plants take up. This balances out the osmotic pressure and allows the fastest uptake speed

2. Yeh DWC's my goto method. So simple to control exactly what your plants are getting at all times. I really have to get my hands on an EC meter and I'm set.

How much air do you recommend?

3. I always recommend to have 1 litre of air per minute for every 2 litres of nutrient solution. I currently have 1 litre per minute for every 3.5 litres. I have 2x 10 lmp pumps. I prefer to use 3 but 1 pump died and I still haven't gotten around to replacing it

4. Well there you have it. Pretty well spot on for my setup. I got 20lpm pumping through 45L of nute solution :)

5. both the bubblegum and chocolate skunk are over 5 feet tall now. Iv lost all hope if keeping this under control and just going to let it do whatever it wants. The light has been dimmed to 400w so at least I know nothing is going to burn or anything like that

[​IMG]

6. Well now you know lol .....what are u gonna do next time ...tie em down and less plants?

7. definitely less plants, I don't know what I was thinking putting 6 plants in a 2'x3' area lol.

I like to tie them down but there's no where to tie them down to, it's wall to wall in there, packed in too tight to bend any over.

If I have enough time one day this week I might try and cross branches over to lower the height.

I'll be putting autos in this reservoir again when these are finished but probably just do two

8. I want to do some autos too...... soon as I can get temperature down

9. I'd prefer to not do autos so I have more control over the size, but I only have two tents, one has a flowering experiment in it and so this one needs to be on a veg cycle for my clones. The great thing about autos is they will flower in the veg tent. Hopefully the next one will go a little smoother

10. #130 stoner719, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015
    Thats pretty much the reason i want to grow autos .....i flower in a 4x8 tent and veg in the the unfinished basement storage room that the tent is in its a 16 x11 foot room i have some more space probley enough for another 4x8 tent but a 4x8 flood table full of autos sounds nice ... and i can keep running my perpetual how I am veg on a 4x4 flood table in net pots and drop the net pots in the ebb n flow buckets in the tent

11. nightmare...but beautiful

12. The fan u have cooling the light thats a 6" right? Now the other fans the ones that look like a coffee can will those do the same or do u know if their jus booster fans that u add to a longer run ducting?

13. the fan that's venting the hood is a 5" Systemair fan. I don't understand the rest of what you said. What's a coffee can? Instant coffee usually comes in a class jar and filter coffee and beans usually come in bags here

14. Haha... I could use some java! I'm tired...
    The "coffee can" fans don't move as much air. They are basically just duct booster fans. They can work just fine for some things though.

15. #135 atticflowers, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2015

Crankz got what i meant. These r the fans i was talkin about. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1438766755.074660.jpg

16. Good morning GG[​IMG]

17. today I had a crack at tying some of the branches down to even things out.

The northern lights blue has been harvested and I have put the clones in pots of soil so there's a bit more room in there now.

I have removed the LED unit for now, but over the next few days ill be tying the plants down little by little and hopefully should be able to get the LED back in there by the end of the week

[​IMG]

18. I just want to say thank you..... i did not understand hydroponics very well despite very much research ...... came up on your other thread about keeping res at optimum levels for nutrient uptake I'm just glad I don't overkill my plants with my nutes and have to change my res all the time..... i seem to be doing well for my first hydro grow

19. Todays pics

Attached Files:

20. I'm really glad to hear that you have found that thread helpful. I have been using that system for a couple of years now and it works so well, I'm surprised that no one had thought of it before. At least as far as I know anyway. When I talk about it on other forums, they think I'm crazy lol.

Those look great mate, what strains are they?