6 Autos in DWC

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by GoldGrower, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Ok read that you use clones...i only ask just because i am currently cloning for the first time and looking for good growing tips

• Like Like x 1
  2. I got roots after 10 days ....was worried

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Those bucket cloners look amazing

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks man. They make it so easy to clone. Just cut a branch and place it in the neoprene collar. No watering or other maintenance once the cloner is set up

Looks like you have your own method sorted though, 10 days isn't a bad time to get roots, some plants can be quite stubborn and take even longer

• Like Like x 1
  5. It was my first time cloneing so was not sure what to expect. ...

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have had plants take 5-6 days and other plants take 2 weeks when in the same environment. Different strains root at different times, and even individual plants vary within the strain. Having roots at 10 days is just fine

• Like Like x 1
  7. #48 GoldGrower, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2015
    I switched to 400w HPS a few days ago because growth seemed to have slowed down, and leaves were becoming speckled which I have only ever seen under LEDs.
    Since switching to HPS they have perked up a lot, but my little polyploid has fallen behind considerably. The water was getting cooked by the LED so I think that is what causes the speckling.
    The bubblegum is very pale and I believe to be nutrient deficient, but unfortunately I have to cater for the average. The bubblegum always seems to be a very high feeder

[​IMG]

8. How are you venting your tent? I'm sure there's been a spike in temp with change in lights?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Watch your watering too with that lighting switch. More heat means more evaporation. Good looking!

10. 'quote'
    How are you venting your tent? I'm sure there's been a spike in temp with change in lights?

I have an air cooled hood vented by a 5" Systemair fan, and a 4" Systemair fan venting the tent itself.

The temperature has stayed much the same after changing from the 100x3w (170w) LED to the air cooled 400w HPS.

11. 'quote'
    Watch your watering too with that lighting switch. More heat means more evaporation. Good looking!

I don't think much water evaporates because of the lid on the reservoir. As the plants get bigger they will use up a lot more so keeping an eye on the waterline is indeed important but I'm always aware of where the line is

• Like Like x 1
  12. I have a new addition to this tent. It turned out my northern lights blue from my other tent was actually an auto northern lights blue. I have quickly knocked up a top feed system for it. It's stretched to hell but it might turn out ok, we shall see

[​IMG]

13. What kind of temperature do you have in your tent gold ? ( im having temp issues )

14. #55 GoldGrower, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2015
    'quote'
    What kind of temperature do you have in your tent gold ? ( im having temp issues )

Lights on
    canopy level 28℃
    nutrient solution 23℃

Lights off
    canopy level 25℃
    nutrient solution 21℃

I'm having trouble keeping them down too. I'm planning on adding a bucket to the reservoir linked with a small pump pumping from the res to the bucket, and then the bucket over flowing back to the main reservoir. This way I can have the bucket outside of the tent and act like a radiator cooling the solution. I can then easily add frozen water bottles to the bucket very easily to also aid cooling

• Like Like x 1
  15. #56 stoner719, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2015
    Thanks gold for the reply I ended up changing out my 6 inch inline fan for an 8 inch inline fan and then I ended up using the six and eight together and my temperatures are looking better in the high 70's ( about 25 degrees Celsius)...

16. I like your radiator bucket idea

• Like Like x 1
  17. is there much difference in the sound level switching from the 6" to the 8"?

My fans are loud as hell.

18. just to make things even more complicated, (because I just love doing that), I have installed a 100x3w MarsHydro LED light to light up the other side of that single auto.

I only have it on for 14 hours during the night where it's not as hot

[​IMG]

This is how my air cooled hood is set up. It rids a lot of the heat before it can warm the tent

[​IMG]

19. Nice i wish i could find that RUB local to me, all i can get r the ones that flex/bow outward when filled with water. Im gonna have to bite the bullet an order one but all they have r the white ones will i have to paint that black to block out the light?