Have you ever started seeds this late or later outdoor?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by smokincharlie, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Have you ever started seeds this late or later outdoor? if so what was your yeild per plant and did you let it grow natural or train it? 

2. Depends where your at Charlie, if you live near the equator you can virtually plant year round and just cover during 1 or 2 frosts we generally get per year. I'd wing it and germinate some seeds, what do you have to lose?

You don't need to be that far south LMAO.. It's all about when it freezes or heavy frost.. I'm in Southern California and can flower outside all year long as it does neither here.. The seeds I started last week won't really be ready for at least 120 days if not longer..
      Yield is dependent on veg size and your late start won't have a lot of veg before mid Aug or so triggers flowering.. If you live where it's warm enough late enough you can extend veg by additional light to keep them in veg longer.. I've used a Solar light to hold off flowering..
      By all means start some, it's all good even if they finish at a couple feet tall.. Hell my first clones went out very late in the year and all flowered at about a foot tall but I had 12 of them and it was enough to hold me till the next set got done and so it started..

[​IMG]

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay-Outdoor-Solar-Black-LED-70-Lumen-Spotlight-SS23C-M8-BKT-CPK1/204471418 this one..

4. nice thanks for those answers brass and stoney, those lights are a great idea for longer veg brass! im up north cali in the emerald triangle i started mine back at the end of april and a few more end of may all from seed but i just picked up some purple bubba kush x jillybean seeds and it sounds like a cool strain im excited to see what they can do and i popped a few that opened yesterday and ill be growing them for sure im just curious as to what others experiences are with late grows :)

5. I just popped a few late plants as well, to replace a few males. They won't yield much but I see no sense in finishing the year with less than my legal limit. A few extra flavors is always nice.