Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

curious about cannacaps

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by DoeDabs, Jun 21, 2015.

1. so if u use .1g per capsule how much herb do u throw when u make the oil?

0.1g x number of capsules

So, for 100 capsules:

0.1g x 100 = 10g

3. ok thts wht i was thinking i jus wanted to make sure. so if i use 1/2 oz i could get 100 pretty dank caps. idk maybe 10gs would be enough for me i have no idea i almost want to ask the ppl at the dispensary how much they use to reach 50mg or 100mgs but idk if theyd tell me. is it possible t o have 50mg thc in a cap jus off using ten gs?

4. 10g of herb is highly unlikely to yield 100 capsules containing 50mg each.

5. how many caps u usually make off 10gs

7. my fault u already answered tht, thts my big question w all this. would some of your caps be at 50mg while others are less? i dnt get how u mke sure each cap the same amount

Nope; my caps contain nowhere near 50mg of THC. Probably less than 10mg!

The manufacturer has strict quality standards that each capsule must be exactly the same size, and I fill them with an eyedropper. But you are correct it is not an exact science and there might be slight variations. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. dam so to reach 50mgs u prolly gonna need a whole ounce or something thats crazy

10. Do you remember when you originally asked the question, we put our heads together and calculated a number of grams you would need for your experiment? Was the answer 28g, or was it some other number? Think real hard and try to remember.

1 oz = 28g

28g / 100 capsules = 0.28g of herb per capsule

Assuming for the sake of argument an amazing 10% THC yield, that is approximately 28mg of THC per capsule.

11. i remember man it was 50 or sum shit idk. so u sayin to reach roun 60mg per capsule ud need that amazing 10% yield and two ounces

12. You can make capsules as strong as you wish if you start with an alcohol tincture. After you have reduced the alcohol to have the correct concentration you can make a solvent transfer to oil for the caps.

Check out the stickie thread above called Another Tincture Thread.