Is this autoflower normal size for 4 weeks old?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by FoxyGrandpa, Jun 20, 2015.

1. This is my first grow and I want to know if this size is normal for and autoflower being 4 weeks old from sprouting.  I'm not giving it any nutes, I really don't want to use any stuff like that just yet, as I don't really have the money and I'm just doing a test run basically.  Any info is good, thanks!

Attached Files:

2. this is good, you are doing well!  auto's are small plants, and always will be, for that reason look to having her harvested in 90 days from germination and allow a liter per week(10 liter pots) or 1x usgallon of soil per month, 2-3 us gallon for 2-3 months grow: next grow use black and round pots, roots don't like the light or roots to be pinched, once harvest study the root zone and note how tiny it is, obvious conclusion is many growers are force feeding there plants, and it don't make much of a difference to such a tiny rootzone

to my blog on auto hints: http://forum.grasscity.com/blog/1093/entry-12724-10-top-tips-for-a-better-autoflowering-yield/  

3. Cool, I will check out your blog.  Thanks for the help, can't wait to grow again next year after my trial and error.

4. Trying to grow without food is a big waste of your time.
    You'll never grow anything worth your energy.

5. It's fun to experiment when you're getting into growing, but not spending money on nutrients and pH equipment is going to make that experimenting more or less a waste of time and energy. 

6. Is it too late to add nutrients or do I still have time?  If I still have a chance, do I add flowering stuff like big bloom or veg stuff like grow big?

7. Not to be rude but read some more posts, All of the info is here and I learned best by digging it out of the forums...that being said wrap your pots in something dark, don't over water(my BIG mistake lol), get a ph meter(are you in or outside?) auto's like more light 18+(I am doing 20/4). Veg nutes until flowers start then switch to bloom(start with less nutes then build up if the plant can take it). I also added molassas, cal-mag and have started big bud in flower...below is one of my NL autos...good luck! View attachment 158080

8. No no, definitely not too late if your plant is looking like it is in those pictures. It's a little overdosed on nitrogen, but I'm assuming that's just because of the nutritional properties of the soil you're using.

Read up on deficiencies and abundances, so you'll know when to feed them again.

9. Oh no, I thought it was a nitrogen deficiency because today the bottom leaves were turning completely yellow so I went and bought some all purpose plant food that had NPK 24-8-16 and fed it...now I'm frightened.

10. Yeah, I probably shouldn't have fed it. Caught a little nute burn but not too much, one bad brown spotted top leave and a couple leaves with brown tips. Is that all that it will burn or could it burn more? I flushed it out with a gallon of water this morning, I fed them Tuesday evening...

11. I don't have experience on autoflowers, but she'll probably be fine after about a week of pure water flushing (and pH boosters if necessary). The nutrient burns may spread a little further, but now that you've tackled the problem it'll get better.

Flushing every two, three weeks is also not unheard of. Some growers like to make sure there are no salt lockups or other abundances by flushing regularly.

12. So far so good, just the little bit of burn showed up and no more thus far. I just have to watch the amount I feed her next time, thanks for the help!

13. No problem, I hope to have been helpful. [​IMG]

14. Update: The plant is now starting to flower, grown about 3 times the size it is in the pictures above! White hairs everywhere, I'm excited! Pretty healthy too, new growth is coming in great. Only 4-5 more weeks according to my schedule.