Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

curious about cannacaps

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by DoeDabs, Jun 20, 2015.

1. ive recently decided to try and make my own cannacaps. i have a magical butter machine that im going to use to make the oil. im just curious as to how much bud and coconut oil i should use to make dank capsules. ive seen ppl say they used an 8th for beginners caps but ive also seen someone say they used a quarter n got some pretty strong caps out of it. so there the question of how much bud and oil to use but i always am wondering how to you kno how many mgs are in each capsule. the dispensary i bought my caps from had em labeled at 50mgs a piece but how can you tell if you jus use a syringe to fill the caps? im truly confused about this. any answers will help.thank u

2. There are "recipes" for the Magical Butter Machine on their web site (and other places). The basic oil recipe calls for 1 ounce of bud in 2 cups of oil, cook at 190 degrees for 4 hours. The capsules should have had a size on the package. Size 0 = 1/2 gram. Size 00 = 1 gram. Size 000 = 1.5 grams. I use a dropper to fill the caps (with a capping "machine" ... http://www.herbaffair.com/the-capsule-machine?gcli...). I didn't count how many caps, but I got a shitload ... I have a quart ice-cream container that's full to the brim with caps and it will take me forever to go through all of them.

One hint I have with the MBM... Add the oil and flower and first run it on the "Clean" cycle. (Only takes about 5 minutes.) That macerates the bud and mixes it up well with the oil before you start cooking. After you finish with the Clean cycle, go ahead and set it up to cook as normal. I had trouble before with scorched spots in the machine and it came from not mixing up the bud and oil well enough before I started.

Let me know how your caps come out.