How would you re/unite non-secular Islam and the secular west

Discussion in 'Politics' started by VikingToker, Jun 20, 2015.

1. The ringlet touting funeral suit wearing extremist Jews are trying to ban their women from driving in the UK.

And yet they are different than the sharia loving Saudis?

2. Thank you noticing what goes on in this forum when someone has a different opinion than others.

3. 1. You mean a sect of Hasidic Judiasm ? Yes I agree with you too. It does seem like Sharia Law although only making up a small percentage of Jews in London. Mainstream Judaism has no such laws as im sure you know.

2. Saudi Arabia is a country while those involved in London are not.

It's almost as if you want to divert the topic of this thread.

4. I'm simply pointing out his hypocricy

-yuri

5. Not at all.

While Israel has to be involved in all Middle East discussion, we have plenty of other threads for that.

What would you see as the solution for integrating our Islamic brothers and sister's into the West?

Build a wall?

6. neither is Christianity.

In America we used to burn people or worse for witch craft. Because of Christianity.

But you don't care about facts. You are anti Islam.

Fact is people are people regardless of religion. Even you yourself made an entire thread about the son of Hamas being gay.

Its impossible to secularized Muslims as long as its not the one case proving you wrong?

-yuri

7. It's funny and scary that the media often can say things along the lines of "Muslims" don't denounce terrorism or "Muslims" shouldn't be allowed in America and it's not a big deal. You are literally generalizing a billion people on this planet. There's basically nothing you can consistently say about that group of a billion people except they are identified as Muslim. Imagine if you replaced a lot of these statements about Muslims with any other race and it would probably come off as very stereotypical 1950s racism.

8. Muslim governments r becoming increasingly conservative while the Muslim population r becoming liberalized

Credit goes out to the internet

The point I wanna make is tht only liberal Muslims can stop Islamists BUT this would most likely end in a genocide since liberals r pussies and Islamists r monsters

I dunno, it's a complicated situation tht can't end well

Sent from my phone

9. #89 garrison68, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
    While there were executions for witchcraft, the vast majority were by hanging, not burning at the stake, in America. None of those convicted, or awaiting trial, at the famous Salem trials, were burned at the stake. About 13 people died from being held under bad conditions in jail, awaiting trial, one man that was charged was crushed to death by a huge stone for refusing to speak, and about 20 convicted people were hung. One of them was an ancestor of mine, named Mary Towne Eastey, whose sister Rebecca was also hung. A third sister, Sara Cloyce, was charged but not executed.

10. that's interesting.

Either way my point remains the same

Secularism in American Christianity proves it's possible for Islam as well.

-yuri

11. The Question is way to vague and not taking Islam multiple variations into the question in itself. Islam also varies by country and culture. Malaysia is a Muslim Country and has many western ideals in comparison to Saudi Arabia which has one of the worst human rights violations.

I don't think painting a brush over Islam and making comparisons to the Western world a fair assessments. However, if you would of compared Wassabi Islam to the Western World, well then ... lol

12. <h1 id="head" style="line-height: 41.8199996948242px; font-size: 41px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); margin-bottom: 0px; font-family: Optima, Segoe, 'Segoe UI', Candara, Calibri, Arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Austere brand of Islam on rise in Europe, stirring concerns</h1>

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20150621/news/306219967

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' >PARIS -- Its imams preach austere piety, its tenets demand strict separation of sexes - and some of its most radical adherents are heeding the call of jihad. Salafism, an Islamic movement based on a literal reading of the Quran, is on the rise in France, Germany and Britain, security officials say, with Salafis sharply increasing their influence in mosques and on the streets.
    The trend worries European authorities, who see Salafism as one of the inspirational forces for young Europeans heading to Syria or Iraq to do battle for the Islamic State group. Experts, however, point out that the vast majority of Salafis are peace-loving.</blockquote>

13. Not gonna let you do this.

Here are a Bunch of quoted you ignored and tried to bury

Ill bump more for justice

-yuri

14. And more

-yuri
    You only purpose here is to spread hate for Islam

We are about tollerence here

-yuri

15. We have an intolerance for intolerance 😝

16. im simply contributing to the discussion...

Whether or not you agree with my views, I could care less.

17. you caught me

-yuri

18. Proof that Islam is compatible with secularism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLIvtU15B-0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Pretty much going the same way as Christianity.

We will start seeing liberalism in Muslim communities. Off branches of secular Islam will become popular

Mainstream Islam like Catholicism will need to become secular to reunite the religion.

Then right wing purist groups will form.

Eventually you'll start to see atheists and agnostics in the middle east

-yuri

19. Christianity and Judaism all had their dark ages hundreds if not thousands of years ago.

Barbaric ancient Islamic torture methods are still used today by governments around the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG0DtWk4LsU

20. The average Muslim is very traditional, conservative in both his political and social outlook on life. Very like conservative America.

They hold the same values regarding religion. Muslims worship the prophet Muhammad, Conservative Christian Americans the prophet Jesus Christ.