How would you re/unite non-secular Islam and the secular west

Discussion in 'Politics' started by VikingToker, Jun 20, 2015.

1. If the realpolitik endgoal was a genuine and true peace in the long term, how would this transition most elegantly be done from where we are today

how would it be wisest?

2. Respect.

Oh and stop waging war and oppression on Islamic countries.

3. Maybe these would help - eventually. I dunno.

But when religions marry politics, power, militarism, and missiles, there may be no turning back. It seems to take little time and effort to develop seriously deep animosities between disagreeing parties, and eons to neutralize their power to produce violence. 

4. We need to stop being hypocritical and start being an example.

The U.S. claims to support its people, their liberty and some higher moral purpose, this is not reality, we need to make it a reality. We need a defensive military, not a global police force. We need to be peaceful ,not aggressive (including manipulation). I believe we have to get our shit together across the board before we can expect anything from anyone else.

5. I really don't know if they are reconcilable. If so, its a long way off. People forget some Muslims hate each other just as much as the West. Even if we were to work out peace; do you think they can work it out amongst themselves? Not until they realise that it isn't worth it to kill someone else and/or themselves over religion. Some don't but their way of life is in stark contrast to our way of life because of their religion. How can two opposing forces coexist peaceful? By seperating from each other? Well have fun with that. Globalization ftw.

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

By anyone's estimate there are well over 1 billion Muslims in the world, the vast majority of them have no interest in violence towards anyone.

Like, using groups like Hamas or ISIS to represent all of Islam is like saying that crazy right wing Christian extremists represent all of Christianity.

People paint these conflicts as eternal and intractable, like the Israel/Palestine thing, but that's not about religion, it's about land. Palestine was a pretty peaceful place before the British Mandate era.

7. a majority of countries in the middle east follow shari'a law. Even Saudi Arabia has all those laws that force women to cover themselves in public or be beaten. A few years ago there was that girl that got beaten or killed for using facebook. They are not all prone to violence but their culture and religion allows these things. And yea it is about land. The Jews have their holy land. If anyone else had it do you think the Palestinians would be okay with that? No. They want that land for religious reason. They don't just want it bc its fertile land that's going to be prosperous for their people. And like I said not all of them are violent. Most muslims live in Indonesia but we here of no violence from there. Its the middle east that's toxic and a ground for violence bc of all the turbulence and instability. This land opens the door for that. Every group has it's own bad apples. But when you have group after group of bad apples you start to wonder if its the ppl or environment. Tell me do u think if we made peace with the Islamic world would that stop the Sunni and Shiite conflict?
    Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Islam is not compatible with secularism.

9. Did J-D call in for back up?

Jews are terrorists too ... fyi

11. so are cats

-yuri

12. #15 נמרוד, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2015

edit: yes they are. so how are they related to the topic?

Was Palestine peaceful before the British Mandate?

13. screenshot ssaved

-yes Jews are terrorists -jdilla

-yuri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q

A couple of conflicts hundreds of years ago vs the almost constant violence in one form or another today? Yeah, I'd say the point where it got worse was Mandate Palestine :laughing:

16. #19 נמרוד, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2015
    Just a "couple" of conflicts you say?

I didn't include the violent Roman, Greek, Ottoman, Byzantine, and Islamic conquests of the region before the British arrived.

Far more people died in conflict and war before the British mandate was established.

17. Source?