Delaware decriminalizes marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by C4S34C3, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Another small step.

It's not a matter of if, but when full legalization happens. Couldn't say that twenty years ago.

2. jus gotta keep "Truckin' Green a Wizard!

3. Perhaps in the next 10 years.. legalization for every state.

4. I think less than 10 years. I think what is going to push more states to legalization is the amount of tax and tourism revenue they see going into the Colorado market. And the more states that do fully legalize for recreational use the more pressure it puts on the federal government to at least reclassify marijuana because of the banking situation. Banks rarely do business with marijuana dispensaries because they are federally protected/insured by the U.S. Govt. and the money collected from dispensaries or money loaned would not be covered federally because of its classification of being a schedule 1 narcotic. This forces the dispensaries to be mostly a cash only enterprise which makes them a target for break ins and such.

5. In Netherlands, coffeeshops can sell weed, but can't buy weed. So when coffeeshop owners are asked where they get their weed, they say they found it or it appeared out of nowhere. So I guess in Delaware, the only way to legally get weed is to find some on the floor. Good luck trying to find weed out of nowhere.

6. It's still gonna take forever

7. I really don't think so. 5 years tops which seems like a long time but in the grand scheme of a 100yr prohibition it's not long at all.

8. I'm hopeful but I've been hopeful for a long time. Really it's always 2 small steps forward 1 big step back and the years start to go by fast. Major cities like New York and Chicago haven't even started their medical marijuana pilot programs yet. Everything takes forever.

9. I really think that since the majority of people want to legalize marijuana that eventually a presidential candidate will use marijuana legalization as a platform to get elected and we'll get federal legalization.