Your successes and how it makes people feel about themselves.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by MDFinest, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Yeah, you didn't say anything close to that in your OP. You literally said you quit your job, you stopped focusing on school and you started growing weed (because apparently that's your idea of "carving out your own path"). Also (and I can't stress this enough) no one gives a shit what you do (outside of rape and murder). You might think you're fulfilling your life's purpose and that everyone who questions you is simply some "insecure hater", but the reality of it is is that you're a juvenile with little to no imagination, and these "haters", as you call them, are just regular folk busting your balls.

2. #22 OllieTwist, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2015
    "It was when I quit IHOP, stopped focusing so much on school and started carving out my own path to success that all the haters showed up out of left field.
    I could use any of my recent accomplishments in the past 7 yrs to illustrate this but I'll use one we can all relate to."

He specifically says that he's about to talk about growing because it's something we can all relate to here on GC. He never said he quit school and his job to focus on growing. He quit his job and focused less on school so that he could focus more on himself and his life and where is was headed.

For the record, I'm proud of this, good for you. I wish I had the balls to do that honestly...
    Don't let people deter you from continuing down your path of success. :)

3. Thanks for getting the point I was trying to make.

For me to put my personal life experiences out there to illustrate a point, and for people to look past the point I was trying to make and poke at my personal life shows insecurity at is finest.

I could of used any recent accomplishment but instead of building myself up on some pedestal, I chose the most humble of all of them and one I THOUGHT everyone could relate to, and they found a way to pick at that? WOW.

Sometimes the arrow isn't being aimed at anyone and still finds a way to hit people dead in the chest.

4. I think the problem here is that it's hard to know what your point was. Maybe some other accomplishment might have been a better illustration of your problem. All I'm getting here is:

1. You are very successful in your opinion

2. No one was supportive of you and you got your balls busted by naysayers.

The point is a little fuzzy.

5. Bingo!! If you can live within your own skin and be happy with yourself, you won't need anyone else's approval. I discovered that the hard way.

6. Nail on the head. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1436915312.957609.jpg

7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmgRdXQkRAg

8. wait, you can grow drugs? When did this happen? And all this time I thought why equal drugs when you can create synthetic versions of fake things that are already there. My mind is amazed by this. dope!