Barack Obama Blames Deaths Of Americans On Not Passing His Gun Laws.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by DivineVictoryX, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Not all people proposing "common sense gun laws" hate all guns and have little to no knowledge on them. The problem is that "gun nuts" blanket everyone who doesn't fully agree with them as gun hating liberals who want to take their guns. That argument is ridiculous. I don't hate all guns for instance, but do I see the benefits that could come from mandatory weapon registration and tighter background checks, even at gun shows and through private sales, absolutely. The fact that people don't think background checks and registration are good things is more troublesome than people owning firearms, and then the fact that THOSE PEOPLE own firearms is even more unsettling.

And the argument that "well you think this is going to stop the criminals? The criminals still have guns!" Well sure, but the school shootings and massacres we have in this country are rarely carried out by people who have strong criminal or gang ties. They are by disturbed individuals who have easy access to weapons. This country is going to the dogs, and it's not all the Democrat's and Obama's fault by any means.

2. You don't need criminal gang ties to get a gun. Countless journalists doing stories in various countries about ease of buying an illegal gun demonstrate that. The point is, if you're going to do something criminal, you can easily find a gun. A law isn't going to deter you from stealing a firearm or black market.

3. Rigt, and it's a lot easier to find a gun when they are gifted to you or just laying around your house for anyone to use. Hence a proposal of laws requiring registration and proper storage of firearms to prevent deranged family member from stealing them...and these proposals are problems why? If parents hadn't been stupid enough to give charleston shooter a gun and a background check had been performed, maybe he'd have had a more difficult time procuring a weapon. Maybe if Newtown shooter's mom hadn't allowed him free access to her gun cabinet he would have had a hard time getting his own. I don't see a lot of problems with some of the proposals coming from Obama.

4. To reiterate, many straight edge and white collar folks recorded themselves buying guns for journalistic pieces on how easy it is to buy illegal guns.

Maybe if restrictions are tougher, someone who is committing mass premeditated murder might premeditate and find another way to get a weapon since they're not within reach.

I am not convinced that these massacres would not have occurred because of the law. If they couldn't find a gun, knives are always an option, like last year in China, or bombs, like the original plans of the columbine massacre was based on.

5. For some reason I can't quote.

If you buy from a gunstore or a vendor at a gunshow you have to submit to a background check. You can sell a long gun privately with no background check but if you sell a handgun you have to transfer it. It is illegal to knowingly sell a firearm to a person with a criminal record. Things are a bit different when it comes to firearms classified as antiques or C&R and some states might vary but it's generally the same across the country. So if these perps have no criminal record or history of mental health issues how should a background check prevent these people from purchasing firearms? I haven't seen anyone argue we shouldn't have background checks and unlike what some people think you cannot just order a gun online and have it shipped to your door. That is if you don't have your FFL or C&R.

6. Mass shootings account for an incredibly small amount of gun deaths, it sits at around 1%.

Suicides account for over 60%, but nobody wants to talk about that.

7. Barack Obama is a mother fucking tool bag. Who's with me?

8. My opinion....if someone in that church in SC had been carrying, they could have stopped that ass hole before he shot all those people.

The ATF reports that up to 90% of gun crime is committed with illegal firearms. So outlawing guns will make no difference. If we outlaw guns, black market firearms will thrive more than they already do. Prohibition never works. All people here should know this, as it is a forum dedicated to the use of a prohibited substance that is incredibly easy to get. Prohibition does not work.

What needs to happen is we need to relax our gun laws so ordinary law abiding citizens can carry guns, so they can prevent shit like this from happening. The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun and that is a fact! All mentally stable individuals should be able to carry a gun at their side all the time, no matter where they are.

9. my quote button ain't working but we'll said above , that makes perfect sense ...this must be the common sense policy killary is referring to

10. I applaud you sir. Instead of relying on appeals to tradition or slippery slope arguments you argued with evidence. I'm not really for gun control, but the arguments that many people in the pro gun crowd make are just silly. If only we could have more discussions about guns that incorporated actual evidence.

11. This is why if more guns are made available too good people, less crimes would occur. I live in a red state everyone carries. I go into Walmart and see people with 357's on there belts picking out toys for their children. Often times the ones who open carry are the friendliest people. I always say hello to a fellow carrier and there is always at the very least a cheerful Hello how are you today if not a full blown conversation. Needless to say anyone who thinks letting guns go by by to the average Joe is sorely mistaken and don't really understand what kind of impact that would have on our communities, if guns are controlled by the government and black market exclusively it would truly be a recipe for the apocalypse..... IMO of course [​IMG]

12. YUP!

13. You do realize that the 2nd amendment has absolutely nothing to do with hunting.

Why is it that you NEVER here the countless stories about people with guns saving lives? Just read an article about a dishwasher in Detroit used his legal weapon to stop a robbery.

In Chicago gun crime has dropped since they are now allowed to conceal carry. How can somebody debate more guns would mean more crime?