(G.N.HS1) 55L DWC Hubbabubbasmelloscope by Mephisto

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by AFN-Grim, Jun 19, 2015.

Nah man, the quickest way is to put it in the net pot straight away. I start my seeds in paper towels for a few days and then place the seedlets directly in to the clay balls in the net pots so the roots are in the water from day one.

2. We shall see about that man.

3. #23 GoldGrower, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
    Huh? See about what? The roots are in the water from day one. I know this because I put them there. Here look....

Seedlets in paper towels.

[​IMG]

then I put each in in a net pot of clay pebbles

[​IMG]

With the tap root sticking out of the bottom

[​IMG]

And here it is the following day all straightened up. The waterline is halfway up the net pot so all the root in in the water

[​IMG]

4. Dude im not arguing with you.
    You have one tiny root in the water.
    Everyone has a different way of doing it.

5. you are arguing with me. You said "the quickest way to get roots in the water is to grow the plant in a starter cube, then move it to a rockwool cube sitting on top of clay balls, and then pull the roots from the clay balls and put it in the net pot.

That is obviously not the quickest way because I just explained how to get the roots in the water on day one. And then you said "we shall see". I even showed you photos of me doing it. I honestly don't know what else to tell you man. I'm not saying your way is bad, I'm saying that your statement of it being the quickest way is wrong

6. Its quicker for me because you only have one tiny root making it into the water when mine is ready il have more than one tiny root emerging from the rockwool cube thus making this a quicker way of getting more roots into the water.

7. I like soaked mine for 12 hours in cups of water then dropped em in the rock wool. It seems to give the tap root a better anchor point and lets it follow the hydroton in a more natural way, the way it wants to. Snaking the root down through the net pot, then adding hydroton, to me, seems like a better chance of damaging the tap root and the seedling.

Let Mother Nature do what she does best.

8. Gold, I thought about doing this too, but I chickened out. I was scared about the lack of support for the seedling and damaging the tap root. However, what the hell do I know. I am spending all my time battling pythium outbreaks.

9. Looks great!

10. Honestly....

To each their own. What works for one, might not work for another. I think that's why Mother Nature gave us such a resilient plant, so we could not only enjoy the benefits of them, but give us a reason to banter on forum sites 😉

11. #31 Sturm & Drang, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
    by the way...
    I can't quote anyone now with this new forum set up. Maybe it's just me, but can't figure it out! It used to drop the quote into my reply box, but now it doesn't...

12. #32 atticflowers, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2015
    nooice set up here, great info an everything. I really need to step my game up! Is that one of those $1000 led lights anyway very clean wish u the best growth!

I'm in here BTW.

13. I'll have to agree with Gold. Seems you're taking some extra unnecessary steps. The faster you get your roots in water, the faster the plant explodes. I don't do autos, but I would think that's what you'd want.
    Like was said, each to their own though. Nice little setup, regardless!

14. it's been a month since the OP was on here, I guess he's not coming back

• Like Like x 1
  15. Oh, crap... Hopefully his grow is doing well.