Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If Marijuana = Anti-Cancer, why does Tommy Chong have RECTAL CANCER again?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by DeathMadeTangible, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Curious

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Any bump

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Definitely not a cure all. It can (but not necessarily will) eliminate some tumors and can shrink some tumors.

A lot would also depend on the strain and balances of THC CBDs etc. Edibles or RSO type oil would be best for him. :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  4. *shocked*      Oh wait, no I am not.

5. #7 WeedCat, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
    Well think about it this way. Smoking for pain, oil for healing and juicing for overall health. Smoking cannabis does not cure cancer. Oil does. Maybe that is his main form of using cannabis. Also, I'm not sure how he treats his body but if someone eats a high fat/sugar diet, smokes nicotine, drinks alcohol heavy, or works with chemicals etc... their body is getting assaulted on a daily basis. You can NOT keep that lifestyle while expecting to be cured by the oil. The body will give give up the fight sooner than later. If it's healing one wants, they have to take a whole approach and move, eat right take the concentrated oil regime, and maintain their health with a good diet.

6. I disagree marijuana does not cause cancer at all. cite your sources for that..
    it may have twice the tar as tobacco but the lungs easily sweep it up when it's deposited unlike tobacco tar

• Like Like x 2
  7. As much of miracle drug I believe marijuana is, I'm pretty sure it can only help treat/maintain cancer. In other words, it can keep your cancer under control, but If you have cancer in your genealogy you're going to get it regardless.

8. ^^^^^ maybe ^^^^^

• Like Like x 1
  9. #12 lbezphil2005, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2015
    just smoking it doesnt do it - to cure and to keep cancer from coming back you have to have a lot of cbd's, too - way more than you get from smoking most cannabis. I am in the process of beating stage 4 liver cancer with 44% high cbd cannabis oil, my afp cancer marker was 22518 in April, now its less than 4500 - and I used to smoke a LOT of cannabis, so much that i thought i would never be susceptible to cancer. now i know better.
    I eat around 2.5 grams a day of this oil, to get the numbers to drop like they have. I'd have been dead, however, if it wasn't from my cannabis smoking, over 6 months ago. it was enough to slow the growth some, not enough to stop it or kill it off. That takes eating it, juicing the buds and leafs when harvested fresh and drinking that.

once the cancer has dropped to zero you still have to maintain the oil, but at a lower level, to keep the cancer from creeping back in, for at least 12 months to 24 months if not the rest of your life, depending on your immune system and diet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I very much doubt he was using 1+ gram of oil a day after his last tumor stopped, to be fair.

11. stop spreading drug war bullshit - marijuana cannot cause cancer, and smoking it doesn't cause lung cancer. Jesus people, wake up. even the head of the program to prove cannabis could cause cancer when smoked, after 30 years of trying, finally quit and told the truth!! YES THERE IS BAD STUFF WHEN BURNING THE PLANT MATERIAL, but even that has been proven not to affect those who smoke it. you might get copd from smoking crappy weed with pm or some other crap on it, but you aren't going to get cancer from smoking it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pm sent

13. Sometimes shit just happens.. I think Cannabis CBD oils can help some types of cancer but nothing is 100% cure-all when it comes to that evil disease. Cannabis high THC strains can help fight the pain of the cancer eating your body.

14. OP,don't be foolish. The medical community is still studying the medicinal proporties of Cannabis. Yes, some people's bodies react wonderfully to cannabis. And others....it don't do a damn thing. If marijuana was a cure all for cancer, this would make major headline news worldwide and the governments would be handing out joints to every man, woman and child on the planet. Unfortunetly, it does not work that way. I think that Tommy's cancer went into remission. But now that he's older, it may be this cause of death. I pray to the ganja gods that he does beat it. It would be a huge step forward for medicinal marijuana.

15. And I've seen that a lot of people continue their dose even after their cancer is gone. And I haven't read anything that Chong has said about this, but I'd be interested to know if he stopped taking the oil and started just smoking it again (or whatever)

16. #19 jainaG, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2015
    Cancer cells, all cells, are constantly regenerative. If you burn a piece of your skin off on your pipe why does it grow back?

Weakened immune system = higher risk of bad cell replication.

He has been doing TV appearances and traveling for five straight years defending weed. He probably needs a much higher quality RSO and a vacation and healthy diet.

Otherwise he waited too long and the cancer has attacked in a much larger way. Either way, he dies defending your right to smoke

17. Just an FYI - He is still alive. :smoke: