9 weeks of flower, trichomes

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GreenLover322, Jun 19, 2015.

1. This is my first grow (actually second but, first grow turned out to be a male) and we're coming up on 9 weeks into flower. I don't know what strain this is, I got a bunch of feminized seeds from someone who said it was R4, which is a high CBD strain. The bud he got from the seeds turned out to be some really dank bud with high THC and little CBD. Anyways, these are some pictures of the trichomes at roughly a little over 8 weeks. I have been using FF Big Bloom and the plant is supercropped/lst'd. Most look cloudy but I don't really see any amber yet, and some are still clear. So I need a little help on determining how much longer I should wait to flush.
    image.jpg image1.jpg image2.jpg image3.jpg image4.jpg image5.jpg image6.jpg
    Sorry about some of them being blurry it was hard to focus with my shaky ass hands, thanks.

2. To add to this, most of the hairs are starting to turn from white to red/orange. Some tops still have white though.

3. Still looks mostly clear to me. Are you looking under a scope

4. A couple of pictures here, under a 400w hps
    IMG_1418.jpg IMG_1419.jpg IMG_1420.jpg IMG_1422.jpg IMG_1426.jpg IMG_1427.jpg

5. Yes, digital up too 200x it's hard to get a clear picture at a high resolution without having to be completely still though.

6. Any other advice?

7. #7 levitate2, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2015
    I would personally say it's not ready yet, I seen a little amber in one of the pics, the problem I have with using the trichomes to determine harvest is (I know a lot of people will disagree)  I had trichomes that were amber but mostly all white pistils, the trichomes went back to cloudy, luckily I waited because the buds exploded with growth with extra week I would have missed out on it if I harvested the first sign of amber. I use the pistils and the trichomes to determine ripeness, I don't know if this happened because of the particular strain it was, in short, if the trichomes are amber but pistils are still white I would wait a little.

8. Yeah I've read of people using the pistils to determine the time to harvest. I read that when the pistils start to turn orange/red, give it another 3 weeks. So I'm probably going to give it one more round of nutes and then start the flush. I'm guessing around 3 weeks until harvest. I'm so anxious the buds look so good and it's hard to wait, but I know to be patient.

9. yep,it sucks but patients is the key, let the plant tell you when it's done, the more grows you do the easier ir will be to determine when its done ( no shit huh). when the pistils are about 75 percent orange is when I start to look at the tris, when they are about 90 percent orange and receding back into the bud and the tris are at the point you want thats when it's usually close, keep in mind thats just my opinion, it's your plant so it's your call.