My first grow / grow journal (Grape Ape with pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Highsmiles88, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Gotcha, thanks for all of this information!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

2. So if I understand correctly, according to the power point slide it's just one snip per plant, at the top of the main stem?

3. Lol yes...the red line at the top of the plant is where you want to cut.

4. Trichuk, thank you!

5. I would like to see the work after its done, snap a pic for me.

6. Quick question, do you LST? I am thinking about it. If I go that route, can I still top/FIM, or is it a LST or FIM kinda thing?

7. #47 Trichuk, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
    Yeah you could LST still, I don't know if I would FIMM or top after or during.

Do you know how to LST?
    Yes I have LST. It works really good if you catch the plant early enough.

8. From what I've read and watched on YouTube, it seems like you take the tallest stem, bend it down, allowing more light to hit lower nodes. Is it worth it tho?

9. Yes but you missed the first step, you have to support the base of the plant...the very bottom, so you don't rip the roots out when you start to bend her. Remember it's called Low Stress Training for a reason...take you time and bend her little day by day.

10. Do you personally do this? LST that is?

11. #51 Trichuk, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2015
    yes I have done it. Try it with one.
    Why do you ask like that? What do you want to know?

12. Well I don't really want to make things harder on myself or my plants, so I was wondering if you did this, do you see good results? Worth the time and effort?

Should I not LST and just top them all? So many questions lol...

13. #53 Trichuk, Jul 3, 2015
    Well ask yourself, are you in there everyday? LST is lower stress then topping or fimming. Is it really harder on yourself if you gain all that experience?

I've see really good result..your just bending the plant so that everything grow vertical and it give you more top like buds with out fimming or topping. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435879531.156394.jpg
    As you see there everything grows up like main stems. You train your plant to grow around the base of the planter.

14. Ya that graphic makes a lot of sense. And Ya I'm in there every day (who isn't with their first grow ) I think this is the way to do it without having to top or chop the plants.

15. They are sleeping but will wake up at 7pm CT. I'll snap some pics once I think I've got it right lol. Thanks again Trichuk!

16. Cool:) take your time my friend.
    CT, where you at?

17. Don't wanna say lol, not so friendly with this stuff in my neck of the woods lol.

Am I on the right track? uploadfromtaptalk1435881951929.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435881969686.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435881983028.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435881997879.jpg

18. #58 Trichuk, Jul 3, 2015
    Yup... Nice.
    And I hear u on that one.

19. They look good, nice clean setup too! Keep up the good work. I'm subbed