My first grow / grow journal (Grape Ape with pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Highsmiles88, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Forgot this guy uploadfromtaptalk1435515285220.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

2. #22 Trichuk, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
    Glad I could help.

If your not going in to flower yet, flush for a week, but ph your water and if it's higher then 7 bring it down to 6 to 6.5. Water every three days and see how she looks after that.
    FYI, if your just using cfl for veg, you can have the like 6inches away...but don't go any closer.

3. What do you mean by flush for a week?

As far as going into flowering, I think with all of the transplanting they may be a little stressed, and I am trying to get as much yield as possible, so unless there is any harm in letting them continue to veg for another 4-6wks, that's the plan.

Just tested the pH of the water and it's at 7.5, going to go get a pH lowering solution (Petco or Pets mart maybe in the fish section?) and bring it down to 6. Will water once every 3 days and feed every other watering. Current plant feed is "Jack's Classic 30-10-10 extra nitrogen". Sounds right for vegetation stage correct?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oh hell no, veg for a year if you want. For some reason I thought you wanted to put them in flower soon.

5. Okay cool. I went and got some distilled water (should be pH neutral) and I am going to stick to what you suggested with water every 3 days and feed every other watering. Thanks man!

6. Anyone think vegging with 24hr light would be more beneficial than 18/6? I've seen some people state they do 24hr light on YouTube but no real explanation.

7. But remember that you have to watch how she reacts to what's going on.
    Cheers highsmiles88, good luck with her!

8. The reason people use 24 hour light is because the leaves on new plants are really small, and the energy consumption is low. When the plant gets older use 18/6 so it can have some photosynthesis time. People that do 24 hours after the plant has matured a bit is just wasting energy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Okay, I think I'm past the point of doing 24hrs on then. I'll stick with the same schedule, 18/6. These guys/gals (Idk what they are yet... If they are male I will probably freak out). I swear are growing like crazy since the transplant into the Walmart bags.

At what point can the sex be determined?

Will post some pics when the light comes back on in about 10min

10. The sex won't be determined until you switch the lighting to 12/12. Then about one to two weeks after that. Lol there is always that possibility if you did not get feminized seeds. I think it's good for new growers to get regular seed, it teaches people patients. Because all that work could be for nothing.

11. Found these seeds in a 1/4 of grape ape!

uploadfromtaptalk1435710035713.jpg

12. Left a light on the bottom right plant, the leaves are not yellow. uploadfromtaptalk1435710251171.jpg

13. Will be moving the grow tent out from the wall to prevent plants from growing into it. Going to get 2 more mylar visors in a bit to adjust for the move.

Do you suggest I FIM or top? Seems from what I've read FIMMING get twice the amount of buds that topping does, but I have followed your advice from the start of it and things seem to be going well (I think). So whatever your take is on the situation, I'd love to hear it.

14. They all look great! Now I recommend u clean up your grow area.... You don't want any pests.

15. #35 Trichuk, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
    Well it looks like the two in the front are the most vigorous ones so far, I would say you're good to go FIM those two

16. #36 Trichuk, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435711174.163097.jpg

Pay close attention to where the new branches are going to come out on the diagram. You do not want to overcut.

17. And this is a plant I grew after fimming. I took 7 clones off of her and I left 4 main stems. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435711836.171302.jpg

18. Great PP slide! So with FIM how much do you do? Every branch that you can? What is the bounce back time for the new nodes to start growing?

19. Well you only have one main stem, so right now you can only FIM once. Give her about a week to show whats going on.