Taviousjones Auto-NL cab grow (CFL)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by taviousjones, Jun 18, 2015.

1. #1 taviousjones, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
    Hi everyone, this is my first attempt at growing, thought I'd start a journal to look back on in the future and also to get some advice. My grow box is a little less then 4 ft tall, I'm using all CFLS (for now, LED on the way!) .

I planted this seed (Northern Lights Blue Auto) almost a month ago, it wasn't really germinated and I kind of gave up until a week later it popped up, so I think its like 2 1/2 weeks old. I haven't started using nutes yet cause I have no calmag. I think I'll start 1/4 strength tonight or tomorrow, I have some calmag on the way.

Also would it help to raise my lights a little bit to try to get her to grow taller? I had them right on the plant and I feel like there could be a little gap between without too much loss of light.

Thanks for reading guys! [​IMG]

Today
    20150617_210704.jpg

2. Looking good man! Is that coco you are growing in?
    And yes its a good idea to raise the lights a bit because I also see a little bit of heat stress (the curled leaf edges), so try to raise your lights a bit or add ventilation.

3. Yup, its 75/25 coco perlite mix, in a hempy bucket.

4. I grow in coco, without any calmag so far.. I've heared that you might need it, but there should be enough in the water already.

I'm using rainwater, not sure if it really has any minerals or not. I've watered her the past couple days with 1/2 strength nutes (lucas formula) I think it might be too much cause the bottom leaves look seriously yellow. Also pretty sure I'm underwatering cause she looks droopy. I'm thinking of making a diy drip system cause I've read coco plants like that. Any suggestions on how to get this girl growing?

20150619_170222.jpg

6. Water until you get runoff, then leave her alone for two days at least. If she gets dry faster than that, pot her up ;)

Wow, yeah I definitely wasn't giving her enough water. By pot you mean put her in a regular pot orrrrr?

8. #8 schwammerlklauber, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2015
    Pot up~~ put her into a bigger whatever. Does not matter as long as it isnt transparent and the water runs off well.

That pot does not look too small, but i cant tell how high it is from the picture.

It was a 5 gallon bucket that I cut a couple inches off, thinking I'd need all the height I could get lol, no so much. I watered her last night til I got some runoff and she's doing much better today. [​IMG]

Here she is today
    20150620_203219_resized.jpg

more outside picture w/ lights and fan
    20150620_203240_resized.jpg

exhaust fans (I need to recaulk the edges)
    20150620_203246_resized.jpg

10. that pot look good, but did you make enough drain holes?

It's supposed to be a hempy bucket so I only made one around 2" above the bottom