Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ABCBDs TBreak Thread

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ABCBD, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Well I have been toking for about 5+ years now. Doesnt seem like much but its nearly been 1/4 of my life. Started off slow but became a daily toker about 3+ years ago. Since then I have taken several short breaks and a few month long breaks.

Why TBreak right now?
    -Poor memory and I want to see if this improves
    -Want to clear up my lungs/sinus'
    -I need a job/cant afford the habit
    -Highs don't last/want those feelings back
    -I turn into a hermit most of the time and ignore people
    -Been stuck in the haze for too long, I want to feel clear headed and sober again
    *I also won't be drinking booze at all

How long will I break?
    I want to go for one month, possibly longer. It all depends on how I am feeling and if I cheat or not. My friends are bad influences sometimes.

Why make this thread?
    To help me get serious about this and share my experience. Log how I am feeling and other stuff. Also open to any advice, questions, or general comments.

PS: Once this break is over I plan to try edibles, tinctures, teas, etc only. No dabs/vape/smoke. But I cant get ahead of myself.

Already craving a joint right now, Ill get over it soon because I have nothing to smoke.

2. Today was alright. Ive been a little irritable. My appetite hasnt been great which sucks because Im trying to gain weight. Anxiety seemed high but that could be from something else. Mild urge to smoke, im not trippin off that.

3. Congrats! I just finished day one of my t break. Doing okay so far, expecting night sweats later. I did taper off and I think that is helping a lot with my withdrawal right now. Today I was fatigued and weepy and my GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) came back with a vengeance. I forgot how much anxiety ruled my mind when I'm not high. But I really want to take a break for at least a week maybe two.

I didn't throw away my weed because I'm broke and that stuff is expensive. I have most of it in a locked safe and the rest scattered all over my neighborhood in little boxes. Weird, I know, but this at least keeps the stuff out of my immediate reach. It's 100 degrees here so I know this solution won't be great for the weed but it's the best bad option I have right now.

4. Thanks for the reply heather and welcome to GC!

I feel fatigued even if I do smoke but thats something I am working on with my doctor. And I can relate to the anxiety. Yesterday my mind was going a little crazy.

Today, I woke up pretty refreshed and ready to start the day. Even though it was hard for me to fall asleep last night, it helped by going to bed a little earlier. Night sweats have still bothered me but after a week or two I should be able to tell if its from stopping smoking or some other issue. I had a series of amazing dreams, they must've been lucid because they were so real in a way.

Day 3 is about to begin!

5. I've also experienced very vidid dreams when I take my t-breaks, one time I was in an orgy, woke up drenched in sweat and a very sticky leg ;). Felt like I was 12 again haha cheers!

6. Oh my thats very vivid lmao

Mine were crazy. I cant even begin to explain them. I woke up with sweaty legs but not sticky.

7. Yes it was too vivid, I love the dreams with t-breaks, except when you have a nightmare, I had one with me falling off a building, scared me really bad. I haven't taken a long t-break in a few weeks, might be about that time myself. Cheers bro!

8. I haven't had dreams but I did have a massive panic attack, no appetite, and this morning I can't stop crying. Emotionally, all I want to do is curl up in a little ball and stare off into space.

Clearly I need anxiety medication, but I'm not sure MMJ is the right one for me. I'm glad I'm on this t break although my buddy came over and smoked me out yesterday. It was only one session and it was his weed so when he left it felt good to know that there wasn't any in the house. Keeping the weed physically far away from me definitely helps but I know I'm gonna get triggered tomorrow night so that will be tough. Anyways considering I cheated yesterday today is day one.

How is day 3 going ABCBD?

10. Well today was day 4 and I got smoked/dabbed out by a few friends. Day 3 went alright though. Appetite was still shitty. I dont have any of my own. Tomorrow is day 1 again

11. Today is day 2 for me. Appetite was shit yesterday but that's mostly due to getting dumped by my boyfriend because I was having a hard time with the MMJ psychological withdrawal. Still, even though i was super sad/hysterical I didn't smoke. Or eat. Today the goal is to eat as much as I can handle and exercise. Gonna take a walk while drinking a protein shake right now.... Before its 90 degrees at 8am.

12. Day 4 - yesterday I passed the linguistics test I needed to pass for work, I felt very sharp and that was only day 3. I have some work to do this morning but might blaze at lunch.

Appetite is still not right but I attribute that more to being sad over getting dumped on Saturday to weed withdrawal. Note to self: next time I take a t-break I plan on only being around tolerant people for the first couple days.

This break has been very good for me, it's helped me see what parts of my life are better sober, and I helped me eliminate the things about smoking I don't like. For example, where I live there are gazillions of cops. They're fairly chill but I even so I don't want them to see me smoke so this break has helped me stop smoking on my porch and in the car. (I can't smoke inside my home). It was very stressful toking up and then there's a cop like 30 seconds later so I'm glad to be done with those sessions.

13. Day 10 with that cheat day in between.

Ive noticed I can smell a lot better, especially weed itself. Smells so much stronger to me.

Someone was smoking a blunt near me and it smelled so fuckin good.

My friend got some "cookies" and my god that was dank.

Also my lungs seem to be clearing up. I coughed up some loogies the past few days. I can definitely breathe "cleaner".

And of course I am getting that clear headedness back.

14. day 2 or day 1 with a tiny pinch cone yesterday.

its 930am here, about to go out in the 50f temp outside... gotta fix my yard fence. sober... :(
    craving one, but more so cause im sad and mad about my partner. oh how they drive us to the loonie bins lol.

15. Ended up restarting. Haven't smoked since Friday night. Feeling better. Sweats are almost gone. My clear headedness is back. While I'm sober I'm going to write some rules for myself. Will prevent going three years straight again haha