No-till gardening with Dingus

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Dingus, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Morning D,
    Sorry to hear about all the errant pollenating you got going on there. I hope you can pull through to get some good yield when it's all said and done. You and TJ are rockin them green houses like champs! The explosion of pistils is very impressive!

2. afternoon 3D!! It's alright haha it had to happen sometime. I feel like every grower has at least one nannerfest at some point in their life. I hope the same. Hopefully the weight won't be too artificially inflated with seeds hahaha. I read your reply earlier and took some pics to show off the pistil explosions:

This is monk#2 aka nannerpuss 1437946665445.jpg

Also here's a photo of one of my crosses. Monk x many dad's. And also another little one decided to sprout out! These two are from the most immature seeds from the outdoor seed run. Surprised 2 of them sprouted. 1437946742999.jpg 1437946755438.jpg

3. #123 Dingus, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
    It's been tooooooo long since I posted photos of the indoor plants. Partially because I can't take them out anymore and partially because it's hard to take photos in my closet not to mention the intense purple of the LEDs. But no longer! I installed a mounted light socket and a 5000k 23w cfl!

They are flowering along! I haven't been keeping track but I'd estimate around week 4. The Jesus og x golden ticket stretched a whole bunch, there are some branches that are actually taller than the lights and I've had to maneuver them to hang out along the outside.

The somangos don't stretch much and I've got a couple nice colas. For some reason the plants in the bed on the right side are less happy when though they've been treated completely the same.

Left side: 1438020504779.jpg

Jesus OG x golden ticket going all over the place 1438020542529.jpg 1438020558222.jpg 1438020574552.jpg

The somango is definitely am apical dominant cola strain. It doesn't do well with training. I'm going to run it one last time next round and then it's out for new stuff. The somango on the left side had made one really nice cola and all the rest are smaller like the size of the buds last round. 1438020713949.jpg 1438020729813.jpg 1438020791489.jpg

Left side: 1438020841479.jpg 1438020865522.jpg

somango #2 1438020809429.jpg 1438020889566.jpg

The tiniest slice of bush to the right is somango #3 1438020938424.jpg

4. Leb27v2 is actually hardening up now it's not just seeds lol. 1438312450280.jpg 1438312469709.jpg 1438312489249.jpg

I like this monk pheno also even though it's hermed a little 1438312584397.jpg 1438312597750.jpg

Other monk 1438312616755.jpg

Introducing two new friends. Here we have bubblicious 1438312656101.jpg

And here is purple chemdawg 1438312683171.jpg

They're strays I found wandering around the parking lot.

Lastly my first heirloom tomatoes 1438312728196.jpg

5. #125 case22, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2015
    Looking good Dingus! Sorry I been out of your (and everyones) thread so long.

Sucks to hear about your nanner woes, but life goes on and we live to grow another strain!

Garden is looking killer per usual. Keep it up dude! [​IMG]

6. thanks for stopping by case! You must be busy lately with the whole cross country move and everything don't worry about it haha I'll be here whenever you find the time to check up on the city!

Yes I'm pretty disappointed about the nanners but like you said life goes on and there's always more strains to grow! The reason I'm most disappointed about the nanners is that the seed run I did with these genetics are now questionable. No herms early while growing them but now i see mid flower herms... Could be a trait passed down to all the seeds I made. I'll try some outside next year but no monk haha only leb27s since the monks were the hermies.

Dude your grow is looking fab already I loved the transplant info in your latest post I'll have to try that next batch of seeds I sprout. I wonder if I can combine that with the double cup method I've been using. Also I can't wait to see your full new setup! In your diagram you had like 4 or 5 totes right? 1 in veg at all times and staggered 1 or 2 weeks? It'll be an awesome perpetual once you've got it all going and selected phenotypes dialed in!!

7. So I built my trommel today to harvest vermicompost! Super duper easy. I copied TJs from a pic he posted in a vermcomposting thread. Now all I need is a big tray to use this with! 1438375748377.jpg

8. nice trommel dude! haha looks familiar :p I just use a mortar mixing pan with mine. a little ghetto but it does the jerb.

bummer about the nanners and seeds man. I know your pain. have grown more than my fair share of seeded buds lol. they aren't worth smoking but still vape like a dream! :ey:

9. haha it's a copy down to the Orange bucket! Actually what size hardware cloth/mesh did you use? I've got 1/2" on mine. I read a post I think you made saying 1/2" for vermicompost and 1/4" for worms and 1/8" for cocoons? Ya haha this is all I really need. I Google images diy trommel the other day and saw a wide variety of kinds but all were much more complex. They have the thing mounted so that it spins easily and stuff. I don't think I need such a large piece of equipment for sifting worm poop hahaha.

I haven't really thought about what I'll do with my seeded outdoor buds. I'm thinking I'll keep the large nugs for blazing and turn everything else into rosin. I've read if you get a seed in a bowl and you light it the seed pops/explodes lol I wonder if that happens even with using a grinder first? Maybe I'll just have to invest in a vaporizer. Duude check out this t shirt press for mass rosin pressing http://www.amazon.com/Promo-Heat-Swing-away-Sublimation-Transfer/dp/B005Y2C8TK/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1437515712&sr=8-11&keywords=gecko+heat+press

10. #130 case22, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2015
    Thanks for the kind words man, hope I can live up to them [​IMG]

Yeah the plan is 5 totes on dollies. 1 in veg, 3 in flower, 1 resting / cover crop regen. Hopefully I'll find some good 7-8 week phenos here soon and be harvesting a tote every 2-3 weeks.

edit: if you run your seeded bud through a grinder, its pretty obvious when you hit one, it'll either get crushed or pass through unharmed and is easily picked out.

11. yep you got the mesh sizes about right. you will probably end up with a lot of worms in your vc if using a 1/2" screen. some people go all out with them but I agree haha I use it once every few months for about an hour so I don't need anything fancy.

depends on the severity of the seeding and how mature the seeds are. I harvested some Krystalica a while back that has so many immature seeds in it that it is practically un-smokeable. fully mature seeds aren't as bad since they are more easily sorted out.

12. that press looks pretty sweet man! I have never tried rosin. i bet it is delicous if it is made correctly. :D

13. #133 Dingus, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2015
    case22" said <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' >Thanks for the kind words man, hope I can live up to them

Yeah the plan is 5 totes on dollies. 1 in veg, 3 in flower, 1 resting / cover crop regen. Hopefully I'll find some good 7-8 week phenos here soon and be harvesting a tote every 2-3 weeks.

edit: if you run your seeded bud through a grinder, its pretty obvious when you hit one, it'll either get crushed or pass through unharmed and is easily picked out.
    </blockquote>hey don't worry about it man just do your best! I'm sure it'll be a fabulous pheno hunt big nugggin time! That'll be a lot of soil haha 50 gallons or so? Are they gonna be no till totes? 7-8 week phenos I think are harder to find than 9-10 especially sativa dominant strains. Are ya gonna grow mostly indicas?

Edit: ahh makes sense haha I guess the immature seeds will get crushed and I'll eat the mature ones that make it through! Nice snack mid sesh

14. It's okay if there's a lot of worms in there because they'll keep breaking down the vc after its in a bucket or something right? I just don't want to deplete my worm population so much is a small worry of mine.

Mmm that makes sense. Hopefully there won't be too many seeds. I've been picking them off as I see them on the monks. The leb27v2 is coming close to harvest now so it'll be interesting with that one but most of the seeds seem to be at least halfway developed because the calyxes are quite swollen. I just gotta keep up on nanner search and destroy to prevent new seeds from forming.
    duuude you need to go out and get a hair straightener and press some up. Its amazing. By far best hash oil on the planet comes from a frickin 30$ hair straightener. No need for solvents and purging and ridiculous money spent on equipment! Just parchment paper a hair straightener buds and a oven mitt! If you have a lady friend maybe you can convince her to let you borrow hers haha

15. I did find out how delicious cannabis seeds were after my last seed run. Who knew. Nice and sweet.

yeah 7 weeks will be a bit tough though I'm positive I can find one and run it every couple of rounds - the bread and butter of the operation. I will for sure be rotating in some more exotic things as needed though. The pheno hunt is never over!

16. Aren't they tasty?? And way more so than store bought. I got some hemp seeds from Amazon to try to sprout them and they must be sterilized some way. They're not roasted or anything.. Anyway they taste like ass but the fresh seeds are gooood I had a couple today!

I believe in ya you've got a lot to hunt through there's gotta be a 7 weeker in there somewhere!

17. Subbed up man! Hope ya don't mind. Gonna start from the beginning now!

18. #138 432, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2015
  19. No worries 432 you're welcome to post anything anytime you like in here haha journals are meant to be shared! I wonder if I can find those here or if id have to order online. If only they weren't hulled!! I kinda wanna spread hemp seed all over the neighborhood but then I'd have even more seeded outdoor bud hahaha.
    welcome pharmer!! Always great having new growmies joining the party!

20. So I built this today. It's a new manifold/rack type thing for cfls in my larger veg cab. I previously had this really half assed thing using cut coat hangers and fishing line. I've moved all my reveggers and The One and two clones I recently rooted of somango#2 and golden ticket x Jesus OG into here. I might still repaint it but I'd rather set up a sip tub like I have in the closet. 1438567671492.jpg 1438567702726.jpg

Left to right: The One, GTxJOG & somango, afgoo, kandy kush, M3, sleestack skunk