No-till gardening with Dingus

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Dingus, Jun 18, 2015.

1. #41 Dingus, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
    I've seen ya posting in there haha makes sense! Running journals is easy for me because I don't get a lot of traffic and people asking questions haha. It must be a lot tougher for all the popular journals.

I just looked over your PCK thread again it's been almost a year since then wow! I still haven't gotten PCK but it's on my seed order! I just gotta get around to actually ordering it hahaha. I've also been exchanging genetics through the parking lot and I wanna run their stuff too but there's just not enough space for all of these genetics I wanna run!

2. I took a couple pics in the greenhouse an hour ago!

The two monks in the tri pot have really taken off since I planted them in there. They're dwarfing the Danish gold now. Any idea what's putting holes and taking bites out a the leaves? The Danish gold showed sex like a week earlier than the monks. Its crazy how big a difference a week into flowering can make. The monks are stretching now I think. 1435706305479.jpg
    Danish gold is still looking nice though 1435706462315.jpg 1435706476224.jpg

Poopy monk#1 is still pretty poopy. All the seeds of these plants have been harvested now so they can focus on flowering but I don't expect much of anything from this monk#1 still. This is the healthiest branch on this plant lol 1435706563006.jpg 1435706580670.jpg

Monk#2 is looking nice. I pulled out some larf growing on the off branches closest to the main stem to increase airflow. I did the same to leb27v2. 1435706663190.jpg 1435706676773.jpg

My fave plant right now: leb27v2 1435706712042.jpg 1435706728087.jpg 1435706751172.jpg

Its hella hot inside but the girls don't seem to mind too much 1435706792696.jpg

Total Seed harvest 1435706836982.jpg

3. lookin good D! :wave: that greenhouse is so sweet man. looks really nice and solid. I bet it will last for years!

your succulent/herb garden is awesome. succulents are just so freakin cool looking!

ganja plants all look great too. all in all, great work man. you must have two or three green thumbs!!

4. thanks TJ!!:D isn't it awesome? Its still not even done too. I gotta get my hands on a 12+ foot ladder! Once it's done it'll last for quite awhile. I'm hoping like 10 years at least with improvements over time.

Succulents multiply like crazy for me they're so easy to be propagated I was thinking I might be able to start selling them haha.

I can't wait to get some herbs into the hügelkultur! After this season the lavender and mint are going in and also maybe the lemon balm and lemon basil. + comfrey, dandelion, yarrow and also fall / winter veggies! Hahaha only two thumbs here and it was all the reading on here that turned them green. Like I said in your thread wisdom from innumerable brains who've all done their own trial and error made mistakes and learned. I only have two thumbs but it's like green thumbs of hundreds, thousands of people even, have worked tirelessly for millennia to make my thumb greener

5. #45 funkmeister, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
    careful with mints, they will take over everything.. I had a small mint patch.. its now growing all over my yard and the small mint patch is a huge fing mint patch. It also has started coming up through my raised garden beds about 20ft away... has become a huge pain in the ass.

lemon basil pesto is THE SHIT.. we make about 52 jars with 4 plants every year. Wait until it bolts and flowers at the end of the season and use the entire plant(sans stems) and make the best pesto you've ever eaten.

I like to use sunflower seeds instead of pine nuts as they're retarded expensive and I can't tell the difference in pesto.

6. Has it been that long? Shit! Haha, definitely give it a go when you get the chance. Was one of my favorite highs to date, very relaxing. And yeah thats my problem too! Hopefully it'll be legal in the near future over here on the east coast so I can grow outside, until then I only have space for two each run

7. I look forward to the invasiveness because it's so much free mulch/compost! It's crazy how it travels through the ground and comes up in other places. When roots come close to the surface I think they just become new branches/plants sorta like offsets in succulents. I've also got catmint I wonder if it spreads the same. I want to get oregano and marjoram too.

It'll be awhile until I can make that lemon basil pesto because mines just a babe in a solo cup but man that sounds dank. And sunflower seeds as replacement for pine nuts is doubley awesome because I'm allergic to nuts!!

8. haha just about a year I think. I want it so bad! Originally just for the fact the dominant phenotype is purple but the fact it's got a great high is even better. I love relaxing stony weed.

I hope so too! It should be legal everywhere, gay marriage just got federally legalized and I think now it may not be tooooo far into the future when cannabis can be federally legalized if not just for a hemp industry.

Apparently pck might grow well outside here for me. Its noted to have good mold resistance and fast flowering. Outdoor growing is so awesome compared to indoor imo. There's just something about growing plants under the sun that really sets it apart I think. Not to mention not being limited by space as much as indoors.

9. the secret to a great pesto is a squeeze of lemon and a floater of olive oil on top of the jar before you close it up and put it in the freezer. The lemon juice is for flavoring but it also keeps the pesto from oxidizing and turning dark brown.

10. thanks for the secret ;) would ya mind posting up a full recipe for me?

11. So from the seeds I made from my outdoor gear I've been throwing the really green immature ones into this cup not really expecting anything to sprout (and also eating them) and low and behold

Attached Files:

12. Great greenhouse Dingus! Plants are looking nice!

13. thanks prep! Everything's going great this season I just wish my outdoor plants were bigger! Next year!!

14. So I got to borrow a ladder today finally so I can finish the greenhouse probably within 2 weeks now. I got up the other mesh tarp and did some screws today. Super hyped! Also did I mention how fast the two monks in the tri pot are growing?? Its crazy gotta an inch per day, at least one leaf set daily!! They've gotta be in the stretch phase because their leaf blades have wound down to 3s and 1s now. They're definitely going to be taller than the three in 5 gal pots. 1435877196768.jpg

Also leb27v2 remains my fave for its bud structure.

Attached Files:

15. #55 jaymu104, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2015
  16. Hello Dingus. Everything is looking awesome. I have a question about the monk plant. Do you know what the origins are? We have one here in Ak that seems to be a mystery plant but guys are calling it a monk. Just curious if you have any other information of the parents. Thanks Hunt

17. Hey Hunt! Thanks for stopping by :D I don't know of the origins other than northern Europe. The breeder is hybrids from Hell and they specialize in fast flowering mold resistant varieties for northern latitudes. I suspect that this monk and yours are different varieties but it's possible it could be related. If AK stands for Arkansas id be surprised if this is the same monk because this one is for northern climates. http://hybridsfromhell.net/product/hfh-monk-3

18. Thanks man. AK is Alaska. Very north lol
    Probably not related but worth looking into for sure.

19. oh my yes that's very much more north haha. What latitude are you at? Monk could possibly grow there I think it's rated at up to 60* the challenge would be photoperiod and temp related though. How do photoperiod plants work up there? Aren't there times in the year where it's day and night for weeks at a time? Maybe indoor is better there

20. Happy 4th of July :) 1436049863337.jpg

I found a hover fly in the backyard today and it posted up and let me take some photos of it :) I've been trying to attract beneficial insects like this guy for awhile! Super happy to finally meet one. He was pretty big too at least 2x the size of the average bee and that's just it's body and then it hovers like a hornet. 1436049897409.jpg 1436050180222.jpg 1436050194376.jpg

Also any idea what's putting these holes in my leaves? Haven't found any caterpillars or anything like that.. Seems to happen overnight because I haven't found any bugs munching during the day. 1436050028554.jpg 1436050073128.jpg