Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pax Vaporizer Sucks

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jonlb21, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Hey Guys,

I have no idea if it's just me but I bought the Rolls Royce of vaporizers or so I was told and I think it sucks. I wanted a portable vaporizer to smoke my Canibus for concerts, trips, etc. So the guy at the head shop told me that the Pax was hands down the best. So reluctantly I payed $280 for the thing expecting it to blow my mind. I have used it a for a few months here and there and think the vap is terrible. 

I dont get any pull when I take a hit and very little smoke comes out. I have tried packing it less, then tried packing it more. Then tried different temperature settings and no matter what it just doesn't give me what I expected. Then I tried my brothers $60 puffco vap pen last night and it had a huge pull and smoked great. Am I doing something wrong ? or is the pax just very overhyped 

2. #2 The Tech Savvy Stoner, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
    what do you mean it sucks everytime i go to my local vaoeshop they rave about that vape. i  just dont see why its got to cost 300.00 dollars though?? I think that it a ripoff were i can get a adapter for my existing vape rig for 20 dollars a peice i can get 30 adapters for that same price

3. It's weird... I've bought a Pax twice because the original was stolen, but I remember my first one was much easier to deal with than my current. I loved the first one so much I was willing to fork over another $300 for it. I think it's all in preference, I find it hard to take milky hits (but then again it is a vaporizer), but I still enjoy the high it gives. Using it properly is also key, slow draws with breaths of fresh air in between. Cleaning it well could be a huge factor to performance aswell... Do you think that could be it?

Regardless, sucks to hear you aren't satisfied. I know how frustrating it is. [​IMG]

4. Yeah they suck.

5. You have to clean it almost every few bowls, or else it just doesn't work well. And when it is working well, It's subpar compared to other portables in that price range.

6. I never tried that particular vape, i have a Magic Flight, but I was told when I was buying it that it takes some learning and some experience to fully enjoy it. Maybe that's the case with your vape as well? search for some vaping techniques on the internet. Might help. 

7. I've personally never used a Pax, I have a MFLB also. I cannot speak for the quality personally, but its regarded as one of the best available. Did you prehaps get a knockoff pax? This would mean the quality is much lower then an authentic one.

8. I've heard nothing bud bad things about it from those that actually smoke and vape

9. Are you doing something wrong?

Yeah, spamming your cheap puffco as you first post.

Toolus baggus.

10. #10 WorldwideToker, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2015
    Agreed. I have a IMAG Plus portable vape pen I recently got for $80 and so far it works great. Vaporizes both dry herb and concentrates. Only flaw that can get annoying is the mouthpiece gets pretty hot if using the highest temp.

11. I stumbled across this thread. There is a new accessory for the PAX2 and PAX 3 called "budkups"
    they are refillable stainless steel capsules for loose leaf herb. they really keep my pax clean and are pretty convenient to preload and keep with me. anyway , for what its worth.