Dogs humans

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by travilanche, Jun 17, 2015.

It's not easy to domesticate a wolf.. they are pretty different from a dog. You can't just take a wolf pup and turn it into a dog.. it takes time and generations. We've bred dogs to be different emotionally in comparison to a wolf.. and a wolf will flee the first chance it gets when there is danger. There are plenty of dogs out there that'd flee too, but wolves still have that natural fear in them while dogs have had a lot of fear bred out of them. Not saying man and wolves can't bond.. they can, but it's much different than bonding with dogs. The wolf would have to really see you as it's parent for it stick around and protect you.. but that usually fades as they get older and independent.

I do dig the seemingly unspoken bond with dogs. I don't really believe in any kind of mysticism, but I like to joke that I have ESP when it comes to dogs and other people said the same thing. I feel them more than I know them.. and I am pretty sure they feel me because most of the time I just need to give them a look and they seem to know what I want them to do. I think it helps with being a left handed, autistic sociopath though.. lol

But yeah, that alpha mentality will only get you so far with dogs. Being a compassionate friend while being a leader will get you so much further with dogs. Even with wolves, the whole alpha thing isn't really what people think. The researchers who coined the alpha wolf weren't studying wolf packs in nature.. but packs in captivity. Out in the wild, they see that wolf packs are usually family units where the parents are the leaders and not a constant fight to remain at the top.. and as younger members grow older, they simply break off go form their own family pack. There is still dominance and fighting.. but it is nothing like portrayed in alpha wolf themed entertainment.

2. And yet dogs do come from wolves without question. Which means the first friendships were between humans and wolves. As hard as that is to imagine...that really happened.

I just really wish I could see how it first happened. Humans and dogs have such a close bond. How it started would be so interesting to me.

3. It's not so much a question of if dogs came from wolves.. but what wolves they came from. If you were to travel back in time to when it all happened and expect to see wolves like we have today, you're going to be disappointed. The ancient wolves that dogs came from were more like a dingo or jackal. From that line came dogs and the wolves we know today. In a way, we may have even created the wolf of today too.. because the genetic evidence says that about 45,000 years ago the ancient wolf line split up. It was probably our doing when we encountered the ancient wolf, some of them weren't as fearful and became dogs.. some of them were afraid of us and were pushed away to evolve into today's wolves.. and then the rest of the ancient wolf line died off. I just think it's important that people remember all that when talking about dogs coming from wolves.. because most people have this image of hunting packs of man duking it out with hunting packs of wolves and then man taming the beast. It is more like the ancient wolf was a scrawny scavenger that more closely resembles today's wild dogs than today's wolves.

4. Easy one in my eyes.. If taken good care, a dog will be loyal and the fact that a dog shows or let you feel that it trusts you completly, is gold! No human connection can top that.

Thats why i like animals more then humans.

5. I can't stand Cesar. Everything he does is based on a false premise relating to Alpha Theory in wolves. The guy that advanced that theory has actually said that he is sorry and he did a lot of damage in the dog training world. Before I advanced in my career to studying cognitive biases in humans, I was working on higher order mammals. Along the way, I became a dog behaviorist, because it helped to advance my career and looked good on a resume. I never used any of the tactics that Cesar used and I worked with "red zone" cases as well. He does some downright unethical things.  

6. Notes my friends and I wrote while high and tripping hahaha

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435155614.520296.jpg

7. Dogs are great.. been thinking about the doggie daycare I'd like to open up a lot lately, might be on the right track for it.. but I just remembered from last night. My sister's dog is pretty much my dog now.. follows me pretty much the entire time I'm in the house. So I was playing with my nephew and he tried hamming me up with a sad lip for something and I told him I was gonna pull it off. So I grabbed it and did one of those "got your nose" things, but he knows better. When he looked at my hand, he said I didn't have his lip.. so I told him I fed it to Miley, the dog. So as soon as I said her name, she came all happy to me and I said "I'll prove to you I fed it to Miley... Miley, if you ate his lip, sit down." and she sat down and the look on my nephew's face was mind fucked and he slowly reached up to feel if his lip was still there, then a look of relief and just started laughing uncontrollably. Dogs and children, they're awesome.

8. Found a video from a couple years ago.. figured it could fit in here.

9. I can't see a link to the video

Not in your bugs post either.

Is it just on my end that it doesn't appear?

-yuri

10. #30 forty winks, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
    nvm, too personal.

11. If you're on mobile, I can't see them either. Haven't been able to see YouTube videos on mobile since the new GC format.

12. I am on mobile. But I can still see YouTube videos

Maybe I can't see browser links only YouTube Mobil links

-yuri

13. Not all humans have that bond.
    Can think of a few nations who eat them.

oh and the way they are dispatched is trully barbaric!
    But yea civilised nations do have a unique bond with thier dogs.

I couldn't imagine my home without one :)

14. I knew a guy from Honduras.

He told me people would put broken glass in dog food to bait dogs. After they died from eating glass they would eat the dog.

-yuri

15. Speaking of hurting dogs, Phere's an annual festival somewhere in Eastern Europe where they... basically torture dogs for fun

One of the things they do is tie a rope around the dogs waist and drop it from a height

The more fecal matter tht shoots out of the dog as the rope tightens the "earlier summer will come", or some retarded shit like tht

Read about this and saw pics when I was 8 and i still remember it. Internet has traumatized me on so many levels :(

Sent from my phone

16. #37 432, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
    I have helped raised children and also Dogs. The only difference is they don't talk and don't have to go to school or watch TV and follow society's expectations and stuff like that which keeps them in a pure loving state most of their lives and free from corruption. Unless the owner is corrupt and abusive ofcourse.