New at growing and need help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dannysteak, Jun 16, 2015.

1. It is not just a ball. There are little tiny balls in between each node and the small balls have white hairs growing from them

2. Hmmm, balls with hairs growing out them....sounds like a masculinity issue here. Maybe, your girl is a hermaphrodite or trans gender. I don't care much for girls with ball sacks :(

3. It's tough to explain, at the bottom of the white hairs are small bulbs

4. That doesnt sound right. 2 wispy white hairs coming out of a "tear drop"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

5. Very friendly website I read almost every day

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441305484.640958.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441305527.344727.jpg

So I noticed these long white hairs growing from the tops of the branches, are these the buds starting to form? I really don't know I'm still very new to the flowering process

7. Oh yea man! That's it, good things are coming your way. Can we have full plant pictures? Haven't seen your girl for a while.

8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442775782.111455.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442775802.011850.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442775822.629557.jpg
    A lot of my leaves are dying but besides that, my plant seems very healthy, is it common for random leaves to die during flowering ?

9. Balls with hairs... sounds like your plant hit puberty.

10. Is it normal to have dying leaves?

11. Looks good man! Yea, some leaves will yellow during flowering. I think the plant is taking food from the leaves that was stored there. You might want to feed it a 1/4 strength solution of bloom and a few drops of grow nutes. I wouldn't go too strong. A little will go a long way. Keep us updated, I would like to see how it fills in.

12. What is bloom solution and where could I get it

13. Oh, bloom solution is a fertilizer. Usually has a low nitrogen ratio. Whatever it says to do on the bottle do about 1/4 of it.

14. Do you know where I could get it?

15. Are you living in the boonies? If you live near a big city you can go to a hydro shop or I find that stuff at Agway which is a plant/ home and garden store. If you live in the boonies you will have to order online. If you are going organic I would make sure it is all natural fertilizer. I think the other fertilizer is salt based and will kill your microbiology in the soil. Foxfarm makes good stuff. They will have both organic and non-organic. But, if I were you I would do the research on different fertilizers.

16. Thank you !

17. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445002178.535614.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445002197.783066.jpg d ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445002222.244101.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445002260.819606.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445002284.521110.jpg
    I tried to get some good shots. It's definitely budding but idk when or how long I should wait til I harvest it

18. Great job buddy! Looking great as it is. I think you still have until November 12th or so. I count about 10 weeks from the first hairs. Also, it depends on the strain as well. Honestly the best way is with a loop or micro scope. Also, the plant will eventually start to die. It will turn all the fan leaves yellow and that is also a good way to tell it is almost done. But, it might be couch lock-ish.

19. I believe that my plant is about ready for harvest I'm just not sure how I am supposed to

20. No, I would let it go longer. Trust me, it bulks up a bit and creates more THC in the last 2 weeks. Let it go another 2 weeks. Unless you see all the leaves dying, I would wait a bit. They have plenty of harvest guides on here for you to read. I can sum it up for you tho in lamest terms. Some people cut the whole plant and hang it whole, but I prefer to cut branch by branch. Make sure to leave a little side branch to hang from. String up some rope or string in a dark area (DIRECT light will degrade the THC). If you don't have a humidity gauge you should get one. You want a room humidity level of 50%-60%. You want it to take a while to dry. As they say, patience is a virtue. Also, make sure it is not too hot, temp should be from 60* to no more than 80*F. The longer it takes to dry the better it will smell and taste. Now, after you cut a branch you can hang it without trimming, or trim while it is wet. I discard all the large fan leaves right away. I keep all the small leaves that poke out of the buds (they are called sugar leaves because they should have lots of crystals on them). Make sure you have a fan in the room with them to circulate air(not blowing directly on the buds). So, after you hang for about a week to 10 days the stem should make a snap noise when bent. That is when you know it is ready for jars. Cut each bud off the main stems and jar them up. The buds might seem really crisp like they dried too much, don't worry it is normal. Putting them in the jar will equalize the moisture in the bud. After a few days in the jar open it up and now, you will see the buds have gotten moist again. Leave the jar open for a few hours. Burp the jar every day or every other day depending on how moist they are still. After about 2 weeks in the jar it will transform into danker and danker weed! The longer you keep it jarred the better. Sometimes it is very hard to let it go in the jar for that long. I end up smoking it before that LOL. I mean once it is ready for the jar you can technically smoke it, but it will taste and smell better the longer it "cures" in the jars. I will put a few pics of my harvests up for you. Good Luck! and post pictures for us please [​IMG]

Attached Files: