Can you clone an auto flowering fem plant?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Hey_Dave, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Lots of my friends have told me I can't clone an autoflower due to it's short life expectancy, any ideas anyone?

2. #2 waktoo, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    If you doubt, try it and see what happens...  [​IMG]

3. its on my personal todo-list as soon as i finish my first grow.
    (diy LED... another "impossible" feat according to a lot of people)

I don't have any personal experience yet with cloning autos but what i've read so far:
    • Auto's don't tolerate stress very well so both mother and child will have a difficult time recouperating/rooting.
    • The flowering stage begins as soon as the plant is able to sustain it, but when it does the switch has been toggled and it keeps flowering.
      Any clone will be trying to grow roots and flower at the same time, regardless of the light-cycle and the fact it cannot sustain it very well.

4. I think trying to clone an auto will just stunt the growth from the mother. If the clone actually takes root I doubt the yield would be anything worthwile as the veg cycle is so short on autos. Just my understanding but I could be wrong.

5. It's not worth doing that bud site will yield more on the original plant.

6. From how I understand an Autoflower plant will have a lifespan of say 60 days, on day 21 you cut off a clone, that clone is 21 and has 45 days to veg, and flower.

7. Hit the head of that nail with a huge hammer.

I have cloned an auto, about a week into flower I busted a large section of plant when moving it. Instead of throwing it away it finished in hydro, didn't really grow much after that but got more then if I had tossed it. Just save the plant unless an accident happens. Hope that helps.

8. I heard this so many times .... yes of course you can, most autos last from 90 - 160(4months) all you need is 10 days, and be an experienced cloner, use a diy bubbler with some goes before you try this, otherwize you ending up replying to questions with banal comments like the members above ....lol

for those noobs who may doubt this you can FIM on the second lateral, most is 2-3 weeks after germ, the same time to take a clone is good, or if you have the balls better to take a female scion to a male rootstock ...simple

do try to have the operation over and done within 2 weeks....14 days, or suffer vitality loss

9. this guy knows everything... Or you can listen to people that have tried it and have autos that only grow 50-75 days like the rest of us in the auto world.....