Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking, Vaping, Eating

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by neitousama, Jun 16, 2015.

1. #1 neitousama, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2015
    Hello everyone, so I have become a more frequent smoker lately, I've actually never smoked this much before and I've been on/off with smoking since I was fourteen(I'm 24 now). Usually there'd be months in-between sessions of me smoking, but lately I've been smoking every day for the past two weeks ever since I received my medical card for my state. My first initial problem was that hours after the psychological effects wore off I had increased sensitivity to smells and I noticed really freaky imagery in my peripherals. Like, I would drive by a mail box that was partially hidden in the shadows at night and it was really white but for some reason I saw an old lady standing there with long white straggly hair with her head down.

Also my roommate left an Olive Garden bag next to the trashcan, from her night out and it's a pretty big brown to-go bag and sometimes I would see the house cat in my peripherals but after checking it was just the bag. I knew it was the bag but I still saw the cat! So yeah...I thought I was going schizo or something because of the imagery but a couple people I talked to told me that it was just because I was experiencing heightened sensitivity due to the psychological effects. 

I also take regular pharma's on top of everything because I have some mental issues, (but then again who doesn't right?) Anyways, now my current situation is I am trying to figure out what's the best way to use marijuana?

I don't like blunts and they burn the most next to pipes. 
    Bongs are good but they burn too sometimes, unless you have a really good one (which we will get into that in a second)
    Edibles are great but I can't control my high on them and it lasts for far too long (one time I ate something and eight hours later I still felt it!)

I've heard of vaporizers but my friend told me his highs sucked on them and in fact he always got headaches. 
    Plus whenever I go to the smoke shop they charge a damn arm and a leg for those things, I wouldn't want to spend more than 50$ tops on one but the ones there that I see all start well over 85$.

I've become somewhat accustomed to smoking and I know EXACTLY how much to smoke from either a bong or pipe to know when I am good hence why with edibles I just don't know, plus like I said too I don't like being gone for that long.

Anyone have any tips or ideas? Thanks

Oh! One last thing....why are bongs so damn delicate? Like I tipped mine over in the sink and it gently, I mean GENTLY tapped the side of the sink and freakin' cracked! I've seen some super expensive bongs and the glass feels thick as hell but is it as thick as cologne bottles? 

Let me elaborate, I'm not sure if it's because the bottles are so small the glass can be made super strong, or if it's the cost of the cologne itself that warrants a strong bottle. But, one time I dropped a bottle of cologne off my cologne shelf which stands about 6 inches higher than me so I have to reach for them, (I'm 5'6) so that easily makes them six feet in the air. Regardless, I accidentally pulled another bottle forward and it dropped on the floor with a HUGE thud, no carpet just CERAMIC tile. But what happened? That's right nothing, not a scratch, not a chip, not a dent and no crack! Out of curiosity I wanted to see if that was just luck or if they really won't break, so I "accidentally" dropped another bottle that I had plenty of because they were so cheap, and surely enough...it fell to the ground and did not break. Nothing at all on that one either...in fact the little metal sprayer had a dent but not the glass!

So what's the deal with that? Do you guys know? I've seen some hella expensive bongs by like ROOR and those weird specialty ones that look like little laboratories but they still feel brittle as hell.

Thanks everyone!

2. Nobody is replying because you stated that you have hallucinations when high, you have mental problems, plus you still take prescription meds. I do too, but nobody is going to want to advise you on this. Sorry.

3. I'll try to give a somewhat decent reply... If you don't want to read a long-ish post sorry lol

My initial thought after reading your post was , wtf , why is this dude smoking?

It doesn't sound like you have full blown hallucinations , but seeing things that aren't there is not a good sign. We've all had those times when we've "seen" things out of the corner of our eyes , but what you describe is a lot more realistic than it should be.

While most people on here would agree that MJ is not bad , it is known to advance certain mental disorders such as schizophrenia. And the fact that you started at age 14 and are just now experiencing these things could lead me to believe you have a deeper underlying issue and smoking MJ is not the answer. I don't care what anyone says , doing mind altering drugs , of any kind , during the time of development is not good for the brain. Seeing things / experiencing mild schizophrenic episodes (from what you describe) after 10 years of smoking weed is not an unrealistic diagnosis.

And you have obviously been to a mental health professional and have been diagnosed as having a mental disorder and you said you are taking prescription pills. I don't know if it's for depression , bipolar , schizophrenia , whatever. That's besides the point. You are mentally unstable on your own and introducing mind altering substances in your body is not going to help you. Do not quote me on this , but I think if you take SSRI's/MAOI's then it is definitely possible to have mild / severe reactions while combing weed. Again , don't quote me , I'm not a doctor , but mixing the two does not help in any way.

You also seem to be chasing some sort of unrealistic high. Most people are just content with a rip or two from whatever piece even if it's not their preferred method. You don't like blunts , bongs , pipes. You've never tried a vaporizer but you you've never tried it - and most people know that if you want a true vape experience you shouldn't be cheap. Granted you don't have to buy a Volcano but your price range is unrealistic.

I'm not a doctor by any means and maybe I blew this whole post out of proportion , I've had a few beers , but it just seems like you don't really like weed and you're just doing it to cope with something else - and when you smoke too much weed you can't handle it because you don't really like it.

One last thing , you get what you pay for in terms of a bong. Cheap bongs will break easier while ROORs won't break as easily , but they can still very easily break.

I would talk to your doctor/mental health professional and tell them these things because I am not a doctor by any means , but I will not encourage anyone to smoke weed if they are having real issues with it.

4. #4 nevrmindedness, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
    Op i used to combine antidepressants with weed and got some very, very strange effects. Fucks your neurotransmitters right on up, which is why i quit pills and only use weed now to regulate my mood (also health foods and other herbs, st. Johns, etc.) My advice would be to pick one and quit the other. The combination is definitely what's causing the strange effects youre describing.
    That said, i would suggest you try dabbing once you ween off your head pills. It sounds like the method you are looking for - it's quick, efficient, and healthy since you only have to inhale a fraction of the material to get the same high. Also it is short-lived (shorter than smoking flowers, imo) so you won't be baked for more than a couple hours. Sounds like what you're looking for.
    As for glass pieces, i've always said that it's a total market manipulation tactic. Think about it: 1.make a delicate sculpture out of very fragile glass. 2.show it to a clumsy stoner and tell them the best way to smoke weed is by picking it up and playing with it. Fucking. Genius.
    Lol, and that being said, my zob (instrumentum percolatus) has survived a good couple of clinks with no scratches or cracks. But not to be compared to my old gas station bong from when i was 18, which got shattered by brushing against another bong. It lost the bong fight

5. #5 Bonghoots4lyfe, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015

I laughed for around 10 minutes (no joke) when you were talking about the cologne bottles vs bongs.

Learn some physics op

6. hey man, so this is abit late, but hopefully this will help anyway.. I've read abit on schizo and cannabis, and I found out that thc high plants tend to induce schizo effects more, as the thc is highly psychoactive(I think) so what happens is the medicinal cannabis producers and recreational ones are making high thc plants, as that's what gets you stoned, but the other chemical cbd is actually a counter active against this psychoactive reaction.. Cbd rich plants are used mainly for their medicinal use, as some plants that have high cbd and low thc can be used without any feeling of being high(Charlottes web I think it's called) so I would suggest trying to find a strain that's equal in cbd to thc ratio, or maybe even more cbd and see how it effects you.. Also taking the pills and weed to try help you is bound to mess with your brains natural chemicals , so maybe find the chemicals in both and see how they effect your brain, and make a decision based on that... Oh and the bong thing, I just think bongs are seriously weak, my mate put his black leaf under hot water and it shattered:'(

7. Dude you sound like you should NOT be smoking weed. It's still a drug and is not safe to take with other medications. My girlfriend started to freak the fuck out and she literally passed out, 11:00 at night in some random town at the beach. Shit was scary as fuck, only thing that was different than usual was she took her night meds. Don't mix that shit