Milehighphills growing thrills ft. Platinum LED

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Milehighphill, Jun 15, 2015.

1. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434757847.932169.jpg
    Ugh. I hate when they look sad. I think I might hold off on watering. Suggestions?

2. It's what came with the unit, I'm thinking of buying a backup LED. They wouldn't do the cabinet without the light but I took out the hydroponics system out because it didn't make sense the amount of plants they wanted in the space . They said 16 plants and I said good luck

3. If the coco is moist to touch, it's wet enough. You're only watering the trays right now while they're little? 
    I'd just chill out and give em a couple days and let em dry out some.

4. Perfect I was thinking the same. Hopefully it's a different story Sunday or Monday. Thanks for the help

5. No problem man. What kind of temps are you having in there so far? 

6. #46 Milehighphill, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2015
    It's going a little crazy trying to tune it. At night it can get to 69 and during the day up to 85 at some point. The light kicks on at 2am and they seem to really like it but I think it's the watering. The seeds are growing like crazy., I plugged in the other T5 to make em grow but temp in that sits at around 81 but they don't seem to mind
    View attachment 1804785

7. As long as you can stay below 85 you'll be fine. When my current ones were really little I was keeping it between 75-82, it was my reasoning that the amount of water the coco holds, being too cold might be bad for the baby roots. 85 will be alright, a lot of places in nature are that, hell, I'm kind of north central on the east, and it is steadily 85-90 here throughout peak summer, and around 80 a month to either side of summer... but in a round about way just sayin that places like in africa and so. america etc... are much hotter than that... I think just having good air circulation makes a big difference. 

8. Well I got those two fans with the carbon filters always running and the small 4 inch fan in the cabinet to simulate wind. I'm hoping it's just the watering and I need to let them just dry out. 

9. Fill those cups with soil and move lights closer

10. Hey Phil, plants are looking good. Im sure theyll perk up brotha just give them a little time. Once you get used to growing them and learn their personality youll know what they like. Keep up the good work tho man. Cant wait to see the finished product. Ive had chocolope but not the haze or high cbd strain. I wish i had a heavy indica or a strain with high cbd for when I just want pain relief and high thc to blaze. Really excited for that ghost town haze tho. I love haze. Only had once from a friend who'd been growing it since the 80s.

11. I could do a transplant on the little guys but I think it may be to quick. What do you guys think, I might end up not even moving these guys down below for a good while. 

I raised up the tray to move it closer but what about the cups? just make new ones tomorrow?

I'm looking forward the the haze as well but the CBD and pink kush are not picking up as I hoped. 

12. You don't wanna transplant those tiny things yet, you want the roots to fill up some first. 

13. #54 Milehighphill, Jun 20, 2015
    Another beautiful morning here and Denver. Here's the update ghost train( top right) looks good but had a couple of yellow spots on a leaf( thoughts?) , chocolope looks good ( bottom right ), cbd is looking okay ( top left ) and the pink kush (bottom left ) I feel I'm loosing the battle. I wonder if the T5's on the side would provide some good light, just don't know if it would be worth it putting them in with the LED( overkill). I would raise the led if I did put them in. Seeds are doing great, I plan on adding some soil to those cups and they have been moved closer, first set of little fan leaves on all of them. Thoughts and suggestions are always welcome here, thanks guys.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434809761.898072.jpg

14. Try putting a dome or plastic baggy over the clones to keep humidity up. Clones need really high rh to root quick since their roots arent established. They pull moisture through their leaves

15. #56 Milehighphill, Jun 20, 2015

Thanks Rasta, I went ahead and put in the T5 lights on the side. I'm super impatient, I put a dome over the small guys. I have a guy that might take em off my hands and trade for some healthier looking plants, more about the size of the other 2. I still don't know what to do about the seedlings though. 

16. Stick with me bro don't give up!!! We're in this together!!! I doused my babies in neem oil last night... Fingers crossed that they're still alive when I wake me up! I also realized my balcony aloe and succulents have Spider mites, thrips, whitefly a annnnd fungus gnats. My ladies just became agoraphobic !!! Patients is a virtue though so have faith in the magic ganja bro!!! Don't give up!!

17. #58 Milehighphill, Jun 20, 2015

Thanks man! got some new updates coming tomorrow. I might have an issue with heat due to the extra lights, anyone with suggestions?

18. They look pretty good to me.. What's the problem with em? You should be watering the bigger ones on the right every other day by now.. The smaller ones will take a lot less water.

19. I will start the veg watering with the warm salt tomorrow