Funkmeisters perpetual no-till garden powered by Bonsai Moms and Platinum LED

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by funkmeister, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Maine eh? You might be the closest Rogue to me man. The northeast needs more rogues.

18g of homegrown is a lot better than 2 ounces of street. No bullshit there man.

And anything in the Pine, Skunk, and Piss range definitely tops my list. It's the kind of stuff you can just open the jar, and breath in the smell for hours.

2. Fruity pebbles are just Ok. Cinnamon toast crunch still kicks ass too.

What's up funk.
    I agree on the pine skunk and piss. For sure

3. #103 funkmeister, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2015
    Morning friends, and GC! Time for an update. I had the last girl in flowering out of the room and away from the LED's so I got some pics for you this morning. She is 30" Tall and nearly 30" wide. Pretty huge plant for a Auto flower! The buds are ripining up nicely and the hairs are starting to turn orange. Hopefully the buds fatten up quite a bit more.

The clone/bonsai project is coming along well. I have topped the Pineapple chunk and taken my first clone. The original strawberry cough is just straight up beautiful. Prettiest shaped plant I've ever grown.

Looking forward to harvesting this last Jack Herer Auto so I can move on to some pheno plants! Sorry for the terrible photos..

There's also a photo of the good stuff that I got from the contest that I won. The t-shirt was a bit cheese, but the seeds, and papers and such are nice! Thanks Vault!

Attached Files:

4. Looking good funk. What photo strains you wanting to try?

5. To start I have Cookies Kush, Original Strawberry Cough, Pineapple Chunk, and one really runty blueberry going.. on the back burner i have headband(Loud), chemdawg(Humboldt), and the seeds I won from Dutch Passion, and some Blue Mystic from nirvana..

6. #107 funkmeister, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2015
    Am I going crazy or are these balls on my "femenized seed" from Barney/atitude... Woke up this morning to this. Strike three for attitude seed bank. I know a lot of people seem to like these guys but my experience has been horrid. Their stealth was so bad I don't even want a replacement.

This thing has all the traits of every male i've grown.. early smell in the stem, very stretchy and very large node spacing, and now balls.. No wonder i didn't like the pheno LOL!

Attached Files:

7. Morning funk.

Damn, that does look male. Sucks.

At least you have a lot of good seeds to choose from next.

8. Looking like a dude. Ive heard mixed reviews as well. I have a Barneys farm Acapulco gold I'm sprouting and the barney autos just weren't my cup of tea

9. #110 funkmeister, Aug 7, 2015

yea, i'm not to worried about it, but i had heard great things about the Cookies Kush smoke so was really excited to try it. I'll probably order it again next time from TSSC. Bought from them on dutties recommendation last time and I was very very happy with how it all turned out so far.

I don't wanna blame barnies here to much as they've got renowned genetics.. I think it's more likely attitude mixed up some seeds.

10. Cookies kush is a good genetic. I would eventually try that out. I've seen some killer cookies kush last year at cup. Was better than my Hawaiian Dutch but some reason he didn't place but man it looked impressive.

11. #112 funkmeister, Aug 7, 2015
    Harvest Time Question! So someone enlighten me. I do not like couch lock and thouroughly enjoy the uplifting sativa high of jack herer. When should I harvest it amber/cloudy ratios. I checked at lunch today and its pretty much all cloudy with a few amber up top. Maybe 1%. Based on the little I know about harvesting ripe cannabis.. Cloudy for a more head uplifting high, and more amber for couch lock highs. This is my day time smoke, would it be advised to harvest now? If not at what ratio would I achieve the perfect stone i'm looking for?

12. I would say chop now.

You could always chop some now, some in a few days and finish next week. Mark the three different chops and then wait to see how they are after a dry and cure.

13. next monday will be the start of 13 weeks on an auto flower. The nugs are so hard, like my nipples are thinking about it ;)

Definatley going to be my biggest harvest yet, first no-till grow and it blew the doors off the "supersoil" grows. A lot has to do with my knowledge, but even the side by side of the 3 gallon supersoil, exact same watering schedule doesn't compare to this thing.

I'm hoping for 2oz's dry.. but I'll be happy with more than a zip. Anything less and I'm gonna struggle to make it to next harvest. Really happy with how my new obsession is coming along.. thanks again all. Will post some photos later, i'm gonna have to come up with a better hanging system to dry all this darn'd weeds i have collected ;) Photos later today of the harvest.

14. so just got this awesome LOL response from attitude seed bank..

Hi There,

As you are aware we sell these seeds solely for souvenir and storage purposes and for no other use.

However we will contact the breeder on your behalf for any possible
    replacement. Please leave a note in the comments box at the checkout
    when next placing an order and we will add any replacement issued by the
    breeder to it.

yea get bent, there won't be another order.. enjoy my $20 for a single seed that wasn't even a female you shitty fucks.

15. #117 funkmeister, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2015
    Success! Not bad for an auto flower eh? The buds are VERY dense. Very happy with my first grow under my platinum LED. Any guess on dry weight? But in bad news.. coyotes came in last night and killed my entire flock of egg layers except for 1.. pretty depressed this morning.. I heard some noise right before bed, but when I checked there was nothing.. he must have grabbed one and ran off.. when I checked this morning mayhem.. feathers all over my yard. So upset over this.. was totally my fault too i left the coop run open because i've been letting them free range all summer.. They didn't bother my turkeys though thank goodness.

I guess the positive is, I'm headed to August West fest today to celebrate Jerry Garcia and listen to some of my favorite tunes in the mountains of Vermont with some of my favorite people.

Stay tuned for round two.. I will be getting my no-till pots top dressed and replanted as soon as I get my flower room cleaned out.

Will be moving the Original Strawberry Cough and Pineapple Chunk from Veg.

Attached Files:

16. Congrats funk.

Yeah man raccoons ate 8 of 9 last year. I killed one racoon though and that pissed them off. The final three they cut there heads off and just left the bodies no joke. Now when I see a racoon here instant death sentence

17. Congrats man, that's a good looking harvest.

Shitty about the coyotes though.

18. Good to hear about the harvest! As for the coyotes?? They'll be back, set traps brother, be ready. Smart critters they are. Be smarter.