Funkmeisters perpetual no-till garden powered by Bonsai Moms and Platinum LED

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by funkmeister, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Overcoming issues and still making it to harvest is what will make you a smarter and better grower. I'm glad I had the few issues that I did because it allowed me to find out how to fix them, and next time I will be more aware about what is going on.

Looks good funk! Btw, what exactly is a bonsai mom? Just a small mother plant?

2. #42 funkmeister, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
    In the same vein as bonsai trees(oak, japanese bonsai's, etc) you basically keep the mother really small by topping and taking cuttings. Every few months you have to trim the roots off and you can keep her small forever. Allowing you to keep more different strains in a smaller space, instead of getting these big huge unweildy mothers.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=31919

here is a great example of what can be achieved. You can see that the perfectly good cuttings come out of the massive tree like stalk as it gets older.

[​IMG]
    http://www.taringa.net/posts/arte/2904065/Cannabis...

3. wtf is this! I've never seen these around my house before and now I've found two of these in my grow room in the last two days. they're fairly large about the size of a nickle in length.. it kind of looks like a thrip but is awful big.

2015-06-26 20.15.14.jpg
    2015-06-26 20.15.21.jpg

4. Funk get a closer pic without led. Looks like a random beetle.

5. already tossed it into the trash, but that's what my research came up with also.. makes me feel better.. looks very beetle like.. thanks

6. Is the coast clear?!?! I hate big bugs!!

7. The Mint family takes care of bugs and insects around my house. It doesn't kill them just keeps them away they cant stand it :D

I think i made a peppermint/cinnamon paste a while back and put it all around my house never notice bugs since then. No need for chemicals nature has it all covered :D

HTH

8. seems like it, haven't seen anymore.. just seen one each day the past two days.. probably just attracted to the light, since i have to keep the door open with no ventelation

9. I had a carpet beetle appear a while back and scoured the interweb for hours looking for a match. Antics to the rescue

10. Yea Antics, using his inner Sherlock Holmes.

11. on a side note i read about that beetle and its life is quite interesting.. apparently it feeds off a specific type of bug that secrets a defense ooze.. it finds them and licks it off as they secret it for defense. The female will sniff the male fire beetle to see if it has enough of it in its system to mate.

12. I just really hate bugs, so I end up googling them all the time to see if it's something I need to kill or not :)

13. I hate bugs too

14. #56 funkmeister, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015

Evening GC, time for an update!
    Everything seems to be going pretty well. The JH auto in the no till pot is just getting HUGE and hasn't even started to flower yet. Just started shooting off a few pistols, while the one in the supersoil has matured quite a bit. The extreme difference in pheno's probably has something to do with it. The JH in the supersoil is probably my least favorite of the pheno's i've seen out of these JH. Very stretchy, very sativa.. Super long branches and one leaf is doing something weird and has started to twist upside down?

These guys are REALLY loving the PLED. The two new girls you can see in the everyone photo are nearly as big as the girl from my first failed grow(not failed i'll get maybe a 1/4 if i'm lucky.. got about week and a half on her and she's not really packing on the buds.)

I had the plants out of the bloom room today as I got some new trays that fit my pots better giving me a bit more room. Decided to take some photos for you guys.

The cookies kush is doing great, and a blueberry has popped out of the soil. Should be getting to do some bonsai work in the next few weeks on them.

The No-Till stem is massive compared to any of the supersoil grows i've done. It's already about twice the size of any of them. Loving it.

3 Gallon Supersoil:

2015-07-01 17.36.50.jpg
    2015-07-01 17.37.09.jpg

10 Gallon No-Till:
    2015-07-01 17.37.43.jpg
    2015-07-01 17.38.03.jpg
    2015-07-01 17.37.50.jpg

Bonsai Moms:
    2015-07-01 17.54.33.jpg
    2015-07-01 17.54.47.jpg
    2015-07-01 17.54.37.jpg

Everyone in their home:

2015-07-01 17.44.32.jpg

Attached Files:

15. They're looking great bro!

16. Happy 4th everyone.. MURICA! FUCK YEA! Be safe out there folks.

17. Happy 4th dude, I thought I stopped by your journal earlier but I guess not. Have a good one bud!

18. Howdy funky funk