Root Spa grow with auto flower fems and and photoperiod fems

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Sturm & Drang, Jun 13, 2015.

1. #21 Sturm & Drang, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
    Just topped my girls yesterday to get some more bud sites. Just the photoperiod a though. I did do a JH just to see if it makes a difference in the end since most people don't top autos. Guess we will see.

PH 5.6 -5.8 across the board. Water temps at 69 degrees. RH on the low side at 30 but realized I forgot to add my Pyrex dish of water (DUH!). Average temp is 77. Thriving well in 18/6 light cycle.

Now, my WW.....

Been running 12/12 and she is still blowing up, but if you notice in the last pics, she's growing fresh bud on top of the existing. Not complaining, but damn. She won't quit! So, since she's close to being done (I'm guessing 14 days, tops) I'm gonna switch her to 8/16 to slow down the new growth so she concentrates on girth and not height. Plus, should really bump up resin production.
    More to come soon!

Attached Files:

2. Alls well with my little girls, but found out I have fungus gnats on my big girl. I never let the soil for her dry out all the way during her flushing and BAM, within two days there they were. Lesson learned, but problem solved. Also treated two of my rock wool cubes with 1 part H2O2 and 4 parts water to kill a little bit of "greenness" I had going on.
    I'm wondering if that's why she started to develop "foxtail growth"....
    But here's my babies and ever since the first dose of nutes, they have taken off!

Attached Files:

3. #23 Sturm & Drang, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
    Ok....
    Foxtailing is getting bad, but, my triches went from 90% cloudy with 0-5% amber to 50% cloudy/clear with no new ambers with A LOT of new triche development. she seems to have doubled in frosting within two days! Im confused as hell. started flushing her with PH'd water but now wondering if I should continue giving her nutes since things have seem to revert back to growth again and all the pistals are mostly still white and straight?
    It wasnt heat or humidity that did it, temps are consistent at 72 and RH is at 40. Th only thing different i did was moved my light up 6 inches a week ago and that seemed to be when it started. I've never dealt with this outdoors so this is all new to me. it seems like she really liked the light closer but I was worried that the buds would bleach out. I dropped the light back down and am going to bump the light schedule back to 12/12 again after running 8/16.....just to see. The only thing I can think of is a boost in N that I did with the nutes solution around the same time I moved the light. Thinking back, I was always told N causes northern growth (height) and P and K causes West and East growth (swelling of calyxes). Gonna run one more week of a light P and K with no N and see if I can get the fox tails to swell.
    Shes been through a lot in her short time so wondering if its an overall stress thing too.

Attached Files:

4. Just changed out my buckets and the ppms dropped about 150 ppm from 450 (250 of that was starting with well water enriched with calcium and magnesium) down to 300. PH was back up to 7 after adjusting it 3 days ago till I realized ......I rinsed the hell out of my hydroton, but didn't soak with a 5.5 ph'd solution and I had my water level in the net pots soaking the hydroton. All but two of the girls have roots that damn near touch the bottom of the buckets already! So, I dropped the levels down to where they should be, about an inch and a half from the net pots. During res change, I flushed the hydroton in a 5.5 solution to wash any dust and hopefully fix that ph issue.

I noticed a hair of yellowing starting on a few of the girls which I'm chalking up to the ph upswing, so we will see.

5. checked on my babies before it was lights out and it looks like some of the N toxicity is correcting itself. Nice lush green on most except for one of my Cannas whom is still a little to dark green for my likings.

Sucks cause I couldn't get my camera in time before lights out so new pics tomorrow!