Mainlining

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by 5_sac, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Does anyone have any tips/tricks on mainlining clones with alternating nodes? Is it still realistic? Thanks

2. That tutorial isnt for alternating nodes, it was the inspiration though

3. Scroll down, it starts the same as his from seed tutorial. "Note: This article teaches how to use the "main-lining" technique on marijuana clones. This technique is slightly different when starting from seed."

4. #5 pokesmot240, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2015
    It seems like the nodes are miles apart when you are doing the training. Once you make that final cut and let them go, it doesn't seem to make a huge difference. I have a few that have either 8 or 16 tops going and the nodes were so far apart originally and now you cant tell without looking up close. I tried pinching to slow one down and it seemed to do more damage than anything.

5. Its not suggested to main line clones because its not symmeteical as to doing seedlings.
    IME mainlining seems to work best on the 3rd-5th actual node.
    I dont do much clonework, i love symmetry
    Id either FIM/top and LST instead of trying to form a manifold. If you FIM properly you can make 4 colas instead of 2 from your main cola. Just tie the fan leaf to the side of the pot and let the intercola reach out.
    I AM NOT A GURU i just know what i know :)

6. #7 ray83man, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2015
    You can do it with clones, when u top a clone u still get two shoots, not exactly spaced but if ur nodes are tight ull barely notice. pictured below is my master kush i topped, hard to tell its a clone, the split is pretty even. lemme see if i can get a pic of that plant now. will update in 10 or so mins lol

Attached Files:

7. Antwan is right, its better to mainline a seedling.
    This is a plant I finished with four main stems.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1436973407.805246.jpg

8. image (6).jpeg

image (4).jpeg what you think of this check it out

9. Omg...what did you do? You had such a nice plant.

10. Heres what it will look like in a few weeks

Attached Files:

11. Yeah thanks I know what he's trying to do. Can't wait for the pic in a couple of weeks.

12. i did, the bottom pic was the first, and the first is when it came back, imma post another update for u guys tonight

13. ******update*****<span style="font-size: 16px;"></span>
    <span style="font-size: 16px;">
    </span>
    <span style="font-size: 16px;">
    </span>
    Hey guys its been about a week ajnd ust wanted to give you guys a little update , so far shes looking good mainline bounced back 5x fold, she shot up too about 2ft 2in first week of flower , can barly just see her pistons, well post more pics in a couple days. image (7).jpeg

image (8).jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nice work!
    Cheers!

15. Here's my ML attempt with sativa dominate.
    9-15 ML.jpg

16. Here's one I'm doing... It's a mini grow.
    Its CrownRoyale five tops crown.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442395186.521788.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442395207.218291.jpg