Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by NorseMythology, Jun 11, 2015.

1. This is as much to get out the frustration as it is a chance for others to read this and correct themselves, let's make a happier world.

A couple of minor ones

Stop saying "I could care less" when you mean "I could NOT care less"

If you are on the highway in the right lane and someone is waiting at an intersection, assume they want to turn onto the highway and move over to the left lane so they don't have to wait for you to pass by before they can go.

If you work fast food and someone places an order to go, just throw in some napkins and a straw, please.

If you are in line with a cart full of shit, maybe let the person behind you with a few items go ahead of you. If someone lets you go ahead of them, don't write a check and make them regret being courteous.

2. How about just don't pay with checks anywhere. What is this, 1980?

3. Obese people wearing normal people clothes.

People who drive 50 on the freeway.

High beamers (I have a 1000 lumen flashlight for this).

4. Loud animalistic chewing of food

Not cleaning up after yourself

Being overly loud in public

When people constantly disagree with everything you say, not because you're wrong but because they just HAVE to disagree and be mr contrary.

5. It's kind of funny.. a pet peeve of mine is when people try to say "I couldn't care less" is the proper way. In reality, "I couldn't care less" is a shortened version of "I couldn't care less than I already do.. and that is not at all" or something like that. Thing is, when you use the shortened version of it.. it doesn't sound right unless the person knows the origin of the saying. If they don't.. and someone is talking about something they care about and you say "I couldn't care less" without the rest of the saying, you're saying that you cannot care less than what that person cares. So if they do care, you automatically imply that you do care just as much as them since you cannot care less than them.

That's why it evolved to "I could care less" cause when someone is talking about something they care about.. you're saying that you care less about it than they do.

One thing I can't stand is people not putting their carts back after shopping. They load up their car and be lazy and just leave their cart in the middle of the parking lot.. and then monkey see monkey do kicks in and others do the same.

And I hate when people park right in front of a store when there is a whole parking lot open. I could see of yours dropping someone off or picking them up, but I see people park there and do some serious shopping at times.. usually leaving someone in the car to make it seem like they have a real reason for parking there, but they just want to be lazy.

All kidding aside this is why patience is considered virtuous because only some people with honest life experience can feel empathy for there fellow humans and understand that Life is a busy complicated mess as it is.

I am courteous to Disabled people, Old people, Gorgeous woman, people who drive for a living, people who work shitty jobs that a lot of people refuse to do and instead collect welfare.

The rest of you Douche bags who are working and living just like me who think I should let them in front of me in line or make room for you on a highway or give you a hug because you didn't get a napkin with your piece of horse meat or a straw with your coloured sugar water CAN SUCK IT!!

Get with the Program Suck it up and quit being a bunch of Bitches, and get the Fuck out of my way :)

Hee hee!!

7. people who block stairways and doorways and other entrances

I have a pretty strong front kick

Always fantasize about just launching it into the people blocking my way 

The Cart thing drove me nuts till I saw the Disabled guys that are working to put them away, now I leave my cart out, If everyone put there cart back these guys would not have a job. I see it as a make work project, keeps them employed. If they don't have cart guys then I still leave it out and tell the manager his lot is a mess he should hire some disabled people to be cart guys on busy days.

The Parking in front of the store BS is irritating, I double check for disability signs before I accidentally ram my cart into the side of there car. Insurance won't cover it, they were parked in a fire lane while blocking a buildings egress. Try it. I feel empowered pushing a cart around.

Again the shopping cart or my elbows and a quick apology on the tip of my tongue, an accident is not a crime, and people get hurt everyday especially when they put themselves in the path of others

10. Yeah, I thought of it as job security before too cause there are a few place that seem to have someone disabled dedicated to it.. and it is kind of nice that they are working and get to feel like part of society rather than being babied.. cause I feel like most disabled people actually feel worse when you baby and pity them. But at the same time, it feels like we are saying "your only place in society is cleaning up after others".

Never knew that about the parking out front though.. not sure if I could jack up their car though cause when you feed poop behavior with poop behavior, it just gets a Catch-22 going.

11. Remind me a few weeks ago someone was parked right in front of the doors and was still in the car and has his window down, as I walked by I loudly said "shit if I knew that was a parked spot I would have parked there".

Even if he was waiting for a disabled person he can always park and watch for them to come out then pull up.

12. Manticore- maybe we should be more blunt and say "I don't give a shit" and remove any possible confusion.

13. Disabled people can suck it up to, if they function enough to work they should be working and not left to be pitied. Stop feeling sorry for people and start being thankful about what you got, and everyone thinks the same thing about disabled people but that's there hand and what they got treat them accordingly. Put them to work like the rest of the population.

I could so easily run into a car that is in my way by accident, that is the quote "Bad Karma" they created when they parked there, they are not special, they are not privileged, they are self entitled and they are assuming you will not hit there car even if they are parked in front of the door.

I stopped getting peeved about it and started taxing these individuals one Ding at a time, things you should not do near me.

Park to close to my car, often my door fly's open unexpectedly and I trip a lot reaching for my cane.

Stand in my personal space I have been known to randomly start walking in any random direction.

Stand in a doorway wearing Sandals, your toes will be my victim.

Park Across the sidewalk, If I don't have my keys I will hork up a big loog and leave it in the center of your windshield where you will see it till you clean it.

among other things I have stopped giving a shit and in replacement of being gratuitously courteous I love to be a tool in Karma's tool box.

14. Well.. that couldn't work less ;) or could it?

Not that I've ever complained about it cause it is really a trivial thing.. but a minor pet peeve of mine is when people spell my Mantikore with a c. Granted that is the proper spelling.. I always thought it looked better with a k.

I've spit and thrown shit on peoples' cars when they do something lazy and pathetic.. but I couldn't see myself doing some kind of permanent damage. Like some dude who works at a pizza place would park in a way that would jam up traffic coming in and out of a parking lot.. and I'd always run into a jam when I went to the store for a salad. So I started taking one of my onion slices covered in ranch and whipped it out the car onto his window. They would stick perfectly to it too.. and only took a couple of times til he started parking in a proper space.

I love playing pranks on people.. but I don't ever mess with their personal stuff in a permanent way. That was always a good way to piss me off in a prank war.. and when it happens, I tell them that they get one and if they do it again, I will wreck their personal stuff. Maybe that's why I'm not fond of doing damage.. cause it is a pet peeve of mine when people do that to me.

15. My bad about the spelling lol. All the debate we have had you'd think I would get it right. Too much Age of Mythology, the proper spelling is etched in my memory.

I'm with you though, I wouldn't want to damage someone's property.

16. Lol.. its all good. A few people who write out user names do it.. think the only person to ever spell it with a k was our most famous troll. Can't really be a dick about it though cause technically my way is spelled wrong.

I seem to be stuck with shopping related pet peeves.. but one thing that I recently ran into irks me. I buy those lil Yoplait yogurts.. and I have 3 different grocery stores near me and each one has a flavor I really like and can't get at the other stores. I know a lot of companies do that.. but it's like, come on.. if you're going to sell it, then sell it instead of forcing people to mix and match.

17. Speaking of shopping peeves, does it not drive you nuts when you buy something, say a box of m&m's you open the box to find a bag. The bag is half the size,of the box and the m&ms take up half the bag. So their is a ton of wasted box and bag material to make the product appear large and take up shelf space to block out competition.
    Another gross violater

Attached Files:

18. I was trying to write just manti but my phone changed it to "man to" so I got irritated and wrote it all out carelessly lol

19. Don't call me "brother man", I'll despise you from thereon out.

20. I always thought "I could care less" was correct. In my mind it implies that whatever the subject is, isn't even worth a ponder. If I took the time to actually think about the subject , I could probably find myself caring less.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app