first time dwc using CFLs

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by bama homegrown, Jun 11, 2015.

1. No I had the water in two buckets to let the chlorine evaporate but I guess I should have washed them because I went to change my water and it had stagnated so now I have washed the buckets filled with fresh tap water and tomorrow will be 3 days so should be good to flower. As far as preflower's yes progress am I 100% no its strange I really think all of them are females because the ones I thought were male are showing signs of females like the calyx is pointed not a ball like a male and the other two don't have a calyx all they have is a single hair right where the calyx is supposed to be I've been watching very closely hopeful for all females

Attached Files:

2. they look do healthy and bushy man, I need to start using my dwc buckets. Gonna save them for the fast and vast auto and ICE

3. I do hope you have a grow journal for that would love to follow and to me hydroponics is the way to go I have so much more control than I ever did outdoors this is actually my very first indoor grow and what you see is the product of literary 100's of hrs of research via internet I have for the most part been able to identify most of my problems early on and 99% of them go back to pH I check my pH at least 3 times a day and it has stopped many problems early

4. #64 helion, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
    I remember being in high school all I would do is visit overgrow dot com and research nothing but how to grow and make stealth cabinets. I tried growing at my father's house but he killed them every time. I don't blame him, but I yearned to produce my own frosty bud. Back in those days I had no choice but to get ripped off by some fucker 20 dollars for barely a g. Probably was .5. 10 years later and after the military here I finally am doing what I always wanted to do, in my own fucking house. Feels great man, I'm tired of giving these fucks my money and gonna smoke my own shit which is gonna be oh so much better. Thousands of hours of online reading and wishing I was one of the guys on the forums with their own jars of homegrown dank, here I am about to experience it for myself. Came a long way man. Let's do this shit proper.

5. I could not have said it better my friend I didn't go military tho but I've been in backwoods Alabama my entire life smoking fucking Mexican brick weed and dreaming about enjoying something I know is legit and not just some good someone grew in their back yard and called it purp or whatever. I'm growing bag seed now just to see how well I do next is the legendary white widow can't wait.

6. Helion I think a passion for marijuana like mine and yours is a rare find I so wish it were legal here so I didn't have to worry about prison (a risk I'm completely willing to take) but it gets another shot next year our governor is behind medical legalization I'll get a card I'm A.D.H.D. and have been ever since I was born diagnosed at age 5 and have been on every single medication their is and marijuana works better than anything anyway good luck I hope you see your dream realized

7. Preflower pic's

Attached Files:

8. Idk how I didn't delete that crappy pic this one is supposed to be this one

Attached Files:

9. Here we go flowering just started here is some pic's I snapped while I was testing everything out these lights are super bright I uses a setting on my phone to make the pics not so bright what y'all think

Attached Files:

10. Update gonna fire the lights up tomorrow at 7pm looking forward to seeing my babies in the light also have been checking my pH it looks good these GH Maxi nutes are doing the do on them:D

11. can't wait to see them buds pop out. I guess a couple weeks before you see the frost forming?

12. Yep I'm going dark 36hrs before starting 12/12 supposed to speed up bud production we will see I'm expecting Bud's within 2weeks

13. Alright here we are day 5 from start of flowering they did some stretching over the 36hr dark period I did tie some limbs to even the canopy and keep my overall down here are some pics

Attached Files:

14. It's like your own personal mini jungle lol

15. I know my lights came on and I was like holy shit its crowded I hope I have at least one male just to open up some space if not I hope this doesn't set up potential for bud rot will be putting a bigger fan on the inside this week sometime

16. Did the last pruning I'm gonna do I also did some rearranging

Attached Files:

17. u can always snip some fan leaves once the buds start growing... just defoliate a bit and i think you're golden

18. Day 6 of flower

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. did them pre flowers get any bigger?

20. They have I suspect one male and another is on the radar