first time dwc using CFLs

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by bama homegrown, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Yea that's what I said I got it under control now my water temp stays around 62 I also noticed my water had slight discoloration what do I do to control bacteria

2. My prediction is the two on left female two on right male what do y'all think.... No pre flower yet...

Attached Files:

3. There are two options
    1. Sterile res
    2. Beneficial bacteria

each has its pros and cons I prefer the beneficials since, my grows so far, keep getting the nasty stuff and beneficials are a good preventive and treatment if its already gotten bad.

Either way the basics stay the same, keep temps down, prevent light leaks, and pump as much 02 as you can into the water. Overkill if possible doesn't hurt either.

When I made my first little bubble cloner, and got algae, I was surprised at how much light leaked through the black plastic of the lid when I held it up to the light. Since then I tape EVERYTHING that holds water with reflective aluminum tape.

Your plants are growing healhty hope ya get all females man

4. Thanks for the info I will look into beneficial bacteria and I hope so also

5. I make Heisenberg Tea its really cheap to make and I like saving $ and DIY where I can, but theres all kinds of products available on the shelf that do the same thing. One I hear great things about by a very respected grower on GC is called cannazyme, I believe. I haven't used that but its made to offer the same benefits as a homebrew if not more.

6. I too enjoy the diy approach for sure gonna make tea

7. Plants are looking good

8. Daily pictures!!! My next grow will be WW fem. So y'all look for that journal I may use my hps with it depending on the outcome of this cfl grow ne-way pic's

Attached Files:

9. The rest it would not let me post earlier

Attached Files:

10. Im starting my first dwc grow as well. Im sub'd up man. And btw, what strain(s) are you growing? Im sorry if I missed it in an earlier post.

11. Its just some bag seed I got from some fire ass bud I got like 4 seeds out of a 1/4 lb. I'll be growing Robert Bergman's white widow next! Also if you are thinking of CFL's depending on grow space u want at least 100 actual watts per square foot right now in veg I am running 300 actual watts 5400 spectrum ( or something like that) and for flower I have 425 actual watts in the 2700 spectrum. More watts = more green goodness. I have 12 bulbs in all and 1 LED grow light. Good luck to ya.

12. My new air filter came in today will post pics later I'm improving my ventilation intake and exhaust

13. Got my temps down to 72f and new filter installed and daily pics... How y'all like my in line fan... Its a computer fan 120 cfm and also a exhaust fan rigged together I'm moving around 150 cfm.

Attached Files:

14. New picks going to switch to 12/12 maybe Thursday may let go one of two more weeks.

Attached Files:

15. Good stuff man. I got a 600w MH with digilux bulb in my 4x2x5 tent. Your plants look so healthy man I'm jealous.

16. Lots of love and care growing is where I find my Zen lol thanks for the complement

17. Daily update is I have early preflower's will give a few more days until I can definitely tell they are very small still. here are some pic's!

Attached Files:

18. OK idk how that last pic posted twice I have 4 plants

19. #39 helion, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2015
    Take a close up of the preflower let's see what they got in their panties lol

20. I will attempt to take a pic of preflower's although no promises my phone takes shitty closeups I have a magnifying glass I'll try and take a pic through it.