Good home vaping models

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by bluechi, Jun 10, 2015.

1. I'm in the market for my first vaporizer. I apologize that I haven't had a lot of time to research yet, but I was hoping I could get some suggestions on a couple good models for each type. Not yet sure if I want bag, whip, or (I think the other kind is direct draw, but I've also heard of "log"). I don't really have a set budget, so I just want to hear what you would get if you were going to get your ideal model. This will be for dry bud and home use. Actually, I think I'm leaning towards whip, but that isn't set in stone. I appreciate the suggestions fellow blades. 

2. #2 Markc05, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
    Lsv is a good choice. Relatively cheap, hits hard, can be efficient. Log vapes are pretty awesome as well, underdog or enano. They look good too. Very efficient. I personally don't like bag vapes, they never taste as good, and get stale quick. The arizer towers are decent entry level stuff, but not great at anything. Check lsv or dbv in their blemished units, can save more and probably not find any defects.

3. What he said! Also check out the herbalaire and extreme q. Of you're looking for a portable that's more suited for home use check out the firefly, minivap, mighty, and solo.

4. I finally got to try a LSV ... Man that thing's cool[​IMG]

5. I was in a similar situation you were and I went with the Extreme Q 4.0 I paid $150 on eBay brand new from a licensed retailer. I am very very satisfied with my purchase, which includes a 3 year warranty. I'd definitely say at least check it out on Arizers website.

6. I love the Silver Surfer Vape. 

7. Depends on your budget if your looking high end go Volcano or Herbalizer but otherwise I'd highly recommend the Plenty Vaporizer by S&B.

I wouldn't buy any of those even if they were half the price that they are simply because I don't like sucking on a plastic bag or a silicone whip or a metal coil to get my vapor and the Plenty's "bowl" size, for me, is ridiculous, let alone that it looks like some kind of weird power sander that was designed by the same guy that designed the DeLorean in Back to the Future.  

9. Are you saying Storz and Bickel's products are bad because the guy who made them looks weird? lol why would I give a single fuck what he looks like. What desktop vaporizer doesn't incorporate one of the three things you just mentioned thats basically every vaporizer they ether use a whip a ballon or put it directly in your mouth.

10. He clearly said the plenty looks like something the inventor from back to the future made. Not that the person who made the plenty, crafty, mighty, and volcano looks like doc. Also if Iwien doesn't like whips and bags that would mean he likes direct draw, but being more specific he's an all glass vapor path kind of guy.

11. What desktop vapes have an all glass pathway? The only vapes I know that have that are the Ascent and Davinchi but they are portables.

12. Vapolution 2.0, lsv, and cloud evo are the only ones I can think of atm.

13. For the op, I think it would be hard to beat a blemished LSV. 140$ direct from 7th floor.

Add VripTech and the VerDamper to that list.

Huh?  [​IMG]

No, I am NOT saying that.  

15. I don't get what you guys have against the Volcano I think it preforms pretty damn good. 

16. If you like using a lot of bud, and sucking stale vapor out of a plastic bag, then yes it's great. 

Bingo.......!!

18. I've owned all of these. My opinions

Plenty - 6/10 - It works.. But the herb chamber is way too large and I did not like the plastic tip on the cooling coil. Having to unscrew the cap to stir the herbs takes too much time

Digital Volcano - 7/10 - good for social events. Don't have to worry about a drunk breaking the bag. Uses/needs a little more medicine than others tho. More expensive than it should be but it's a legend that made history. 10 years ago it woulda been worth it no doubt

Herbalizer - 8/10 - Having precision temp control is A+. Having a bag and whip option is good if you use solo + socially. It's a little pricey tbh. Fan assist can be handy sometimes. Emptying/loading the herb chamber isn't too bad but it could be easier, it got dirty pretty fast too btw

Cloud Evo - 9/10 - Best taste vape. I love the all glass pathway. Most effecient vape (.1 provides great hit) I had to send in my unit 4x to be fixed and finally recieved a replacement tho. Good price (if not including the hydratube) Loading medicine is easy. Only complaints are it will overheat within an hour and the power cable gets twisted up way to easily. If you get a working unit you will be pleased

Sublimator - ?/10 - Plan on purchasing it soon tho..

19. The herbalaire blows thicker bags with a lot less herb, its over half the price, and it is much more versatile than the Cano.

20. I agree with everything you said thats pretty spot on except why on earth would you buy a sublimator thats insane! Those things are like 800$ its a piece of metal that heats up you can buy the herb iron for 75 bucks or buy a soldering iron for like 20 bucks lol I'm not gonna lie I can't think of a bigger ripoff/waste of money no disrespect. If your gonna blow that much I'd get the herbalizer and you'd be set.