Purging Questions/Tips

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ThirdEyeGlassGallery, Jun 10, 2015.

1. jeez thats a good size! My 10gal seems huge lol

What I would do is go through and check ALL of your connections in your vac system. do all the threaded fittings and connections from the valves on the lid have teflon tape? any hose barb connection should have a hose clamp. if that doesnt improve things then pull a full vac on everything and apply silicone to the outside connections and possible leaks. so around the handles on the pot where they're riveted on, those have been known to leak. around where the gauge attaches to the lid and where the two valves attach to the lid. there should be no need to apply any silicone to anything inside the chamber because if theres any leaks, the negative pressure from the vacuum leak will suck the silicone into the void and seal it off. Its probably you're best bet because you're just gonna get more leaky chambers I feel like. They pump out a lot of chambers and probably don't get to test them all properly or just let them slide, who knows. but you should be able to fix those leaks yourself.

When you run the big tube, try and slow down or stop blasting the tane when it gets close to the end of the tube and just hold it(keeping the pressure in the tube with your thumb or something) and let it sit and soak for a minute or so, and then blast the rest of your tane through. that should allow you to run more material with less tane.

2. I've heard about the silicone but never gave it a whirl I always thought it can effect the products smell or taste and didn't want To risk it but I trust you my dude seems like you know what you been doing
    I litterly have
    3 15 gallon chambers
    1 5 gallon
    And another 3 gallon
    started with the 3 around a year ago and just kept getting more and more equipment as I started doing it way more then I thought I would lol

And when you mean hold pressure with thumb should I take out the butane can and put my thumb over the hole I insert the tip or just gently hold the can over so no butane is flowing throw?

3. Yeah man like I said, if the silicone is only applied on the outside of the chamber it wont have any affect on the smell of the slab inside. holy shit man why so many? do they not ask for you to send the faulty ones back or something?

Oh if you can take pressure off the can and still have it hold a seal then thats fine too, easier than plugging it with your finger too. I know with some glass tubes it will leak out gas when you let off pressure, some have shitty holes popped in them

also, how are you heating your 15gal chamber?

4. As of now no but I wouldn't doubt someone reading this and abusing it to get a new chamber in

And yeah I've noticed some of my tubes spray back a lil if it ain't pushed in all the way so I'll just use my thumb and wait for the min to stay on the safe side

And I have a digital heating pad element from best value vacs got one for each size the 3 5 and 15 I really don't like the 15 gallon pad as I feal it has certain hot spots but won't go over 2-5 degrees of the set temp so it really ain't that bad well I hope lol

5. I plan on getting one of those pads for my 10gal but was thinking of only getting a 5gal pad. I was using a corning scientific hot plate with it before(was a friends, just borrowing it) and it only had a 12x12" heating surface and the chamber is about 17-18" wide and worked fine. good to hear they work well, certainly better than a griddle, those fuckin things spike like no ones business lol

6. Yeah I had originally started with a griddle
    and spike were 15degrees or higher thing ain't no joke lol

And the scientific hot plate seems like the best thing on the market man the pads remind me of my enail its pretty much the same process just in lower heats they only go up to 200 which is perfect from my understanding just incase you wanna decarb some nasty oil (like my situation)

But I like them man but if I had a choice id stick to the scientific hot plate

I'm actually thinking I've just cutting out these old chambers and getting an Edwards and new oven in August as I talked to the owners from best value and there's gonna be a new oven dropping mid August on the best value vacs site that has pretty much the same settings and tech as the across international ovens for half the price so I'm definently gonna give it a shot before I get an AI

7. AI's are cool but they honestly dont heat very evenly, they're actually a pretty bottom-end oven. just a lot of people have them, so people equate that to them being really good. I would look into a Yamato or even a FisherSci. depending on the size of your garden you could easily get a better oven come harvest time.

8. Yeah I heard of that more then once sort of a reason I'm waiting for the new model to drop in August I was talking to the owner of best value vacs last Monday when we were taking about the two previous leaks and he had told me about the new model there releasing in August and got a 50% of coupon for all there previous mistakes so I'll wait it out and keep you guys updated on there new ovens once there out from my understanding it should be a 5 heated side element and same tech as the AI so it's gotta be good well I'm hoping (fingers crossed)

I keep hearing cascade is like the Gucci of ovens lol I'm really interested in seeing those in action but way later in the future seen the tickets on those I can wait lol