Building my own nail

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by JustMEDICATED, Jun 9, 2015.

1. So I work in a steel fab shop I was wondering could lathe a nail from regular mild steel and use it? Or is there a certain reason Ti and ceramic is used.

2. There are very certain reasons that grade 2 Ti is the only metal used to make nails(minus that guy who made a platinum nail)

Steele will releases poisonous fumes, so don't do it.

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1433867732.511400.jpg

Thank you for the info I suppose I'll grab this one up so I can use my oil.

4. Always buy well known, name brand nails. I don't want to sound like an oil snob but that's the one thing you cant cheap out on.

5. Anyone yall could recommend? I don't know what size my bong is so I don't know what size I'd need to fit

6. #6 foolmelt, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2015
    This nail is okay,
    http://www.grasscity.com/int_en/black-leaf-oil-pan-domeless-titanium-concentrate-nail.html#.VXcbE0ZMzuU

I couldn't find the one I currently use on the interent but its an HE (High Efficiency?) and cost a pretty penny with the matching carb cap and dab tool.

I also have a ceramic nail like this(mine female instead of male)
    http://www.grasscity.com/int_en/ceramic-oil-nail-4-8-cm.html#.VXcbHkZMzuU

Doesn't taste as good as Ti, but heats up quicker and retains heat better. A good option if your strapped for cash.

7. Neither one of the links are valid

8. Maybe the government doesn't want you to see the GC shop haha. Search Black Leaf - Oil Pan Domeless Titanium Concentrate Nail and Ceramic Oil Nail - 4.8 cm, the GC shop should be in the upper left corner of the website.

9. you can work with titanuim in ur lathe and mill no problem. i have a lathe and a mill in the garage and im considering making a TI nail.

10. #10 JustMEDICATED, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2015
    Do you get the same effects from the oil from hitting it off a nail and using a vaporizer pen?

11. HE is Highly Educated, IMO best TI nail company on the market. Santa Cruz Shredder, Idab, Cosmic, and Silika just to name so trust worthy nails. Granted all the name brand nails will prob be double is not more then the no name nails. You are paying for peace of mind knowing your not poisoning yourself.

If you want to go cheap with a nail get quartz or glass. Don't be cheap with TI.

12. You'll never get as strong of a hit from a pen, I've tried probably 5 different brand batteries and 3 or 4 brands of atomizers and at best they give you an okay hoot.

13. im happy someone set him straight on the HE name,

14. Go for Highly Educated, it cost a little bit more than some no name nails you can find online, but you know you're getting quality gr2 ti that won't harm you.