Nutrient Help for Noobs First Indoor Grow

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by FiveToMidnight, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Ok great, I think I might kind of know what I'm doing now hahaha

2. All you need to water with that day.

3. Thank you

4. I was having a look a coco coir and wondered if there is any difference between these two?

Attached Files:

5. Huge difference stay away from the cheap shit. Though I did use the shit stuff once when a noob , when desperate. That bagged brand in pic also comes in a compressed block.much better

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. So top one no good?
    Why is it better in a block?

7. The top stuff hasn't been buffered with cal -mag and they sometimes contain a lot of salt and some have fert already in it. I'm not sure how much the WAY TO GROW brand is by the bag . I pay 16.50 for a cube which is the same as the bag. I've tried canna and cyco in bags, and now go back to the block

8. Ok cool. Is it just adding water to the block or is there some prep work?

9. 1 block pretty much fills a old style garbage can and a bit more . Put the block in a container and add water slowly . I break it up and mix it as I add the water. This way you can't over wet it. I have it moist , only just being able to squeeze a little water out of a handful.

10. Hey mate, check out the Bloom Advanced floriculture range, is Australian made, mostly organic it's around the same price as canna but more concentrated so does actually work out cheaper plus I've found the results to be better than canna...

11. Understood, thank you!

Interesting, I do prefer to buy Australian made when I can. What products would you suggest as a complete seed to harvest kit?

12. Yeah both the veg and flower A and B coco and organic swetnr as the base, that will give awesome results I use the ultra product as my strain stretches heaps and I have a height restriction, it shortens the stretch period and produces heaps more bud sites, the ooze is also raved about but have yet to use it looking forward to see the results, my grows have looked heaps greener and healthier since I swapped to it

13. I might just have a look at that myself. I know the local doesn't have it.ill have to order online. I also like to by aussie made.

14. Botanicare Expert Coco Program-Quality Optic LED- 5 gallon rootpouches -70/30 CocoGrow/Perlite-inch perlitebottom= Amazing allround growth and oilproduction!
    Current Test Grower for 2 LED companies MADEINUSA-Vero29s-3000K Flower-4000Kfullcycle

Attached Files:

15. I'm just about to put my seedlings into the coco now, should I do anything to prep it other than flush it with ph water?
    also, should I put them straight under the light or wait??

16. Rhezotonic

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk

17. Care to elaborate?

18. It's a root stimulater,I rate it,it's by canna and it's great for your seeds and roots,mix it up as directed,add to dry coco,or water in with whatever you feed em

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk

19. Hey Midnight. What you been up too?? 😀I agree the Rhizotonic is really good for keeping young ones healthy . I must also say , I know it's expensive .BUT Canna Boost.....is a must...The taste . The smell . The trich production is way better than I could of expected. Even after hardly any cure, the taste is awesome.Once cured.. Which my oldest is only is 8 weeks smooth as silk . Good luck my friend!!!

20. Hey mate, just been trying to get everything together for this project.
    I've put my seedlings in to their peat pots and just waiting for them to sprout.
    Should these two suggestions be done immediately or should I be waiting to add anything but water?