Nutrient Help for Noobs First Indoor Grow

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by FiveToMidnight, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Make sure you let the water out of the tap sit for 24 hours before adding nutrients and watering. Water out of the tap has chlorine. But, it will evaporate if you leave the water out without a lid for 24 hours. Don't add the nutrients until right before you're ready to water. 

2. Thanks, can wait to see what your going to do with your grow! No haven't LST since this is my first real time growing I was a little nervous but I did fim /top them...Overpriced I'm not sure, but the way my girls look right now I'm very pleased!

3. What if we have a water filter on out tap? Would that filter out enough of the chlorine or still good let sit?

4. Thank you, I will be starting a journal soon.
    I though lst would be easier than topping? Did you find topping quite easy?

5. Yes fim/topping was definitely more easier for me, one cut and you're done, but with LST if you're not careful you can break the branches...And as of right now each one of my plants are between 10 and 12 inches with between six and nine tops each!

Attached Files:

6. I had read people saying you had to be very careful not to cut the wrong spot. But I guess there's risks with anything you do to it.
    I'm thinking I may need to lst due to my small space. But for this first one I don't expect perfection

7. Yea I think lst is better for your situation, can wait to see happy growing!

8. Thank you. I will be sure to send you a link to my jounal once it is started

9. Something I just thought of guys, how do I control the Ph and PPM levels? I know the nutes do some of it but what if the mix ends up with a too low or too high PH level? I read everywhere that it is very important to keep PH levels exact but not 100% sure on how to control that.
    I have seen PH Up and PH Down products but noticed no one in this thread has mentioned them yet so not sure if it is needed.

Thanks again everyone!!

10. Grab some ph up and down and use the small syringe to add 1 drop at a time while stirring.it is very strong so test after each drop or two .My tank water sits around 6.9-7.1. , but buy the time everything goes in it comes down to about 5.7 - 5.8. So in veg I keep it around 5.7-5.9 up too mid flower then keep at 6 until finish. All strains are different though, some can handle large fluctuations in ph and some show signs in with a little change. Northern lights is a pretty forgiving strain . Have a friend who has had it for about 15 years a still going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. after watering make sure to test the runoff water ph,

12. Forgot to say. Don't waste your time buying veg and bloom nutes . Unless you plan on growing big plants you don't need any veg nutes.

13. Thank you I understand now.

So much to think about

14. Depends what type of filter it is. I'd let it sit to be safe. 

15. Just your average charcoal filter but probably best to be safe as you say.
    Are you able to leave your nute water mix sitting for a long period of time? Or should you only mix small amounts?

16. I'd mix as i went

17. Ok will do.
    How much would you normally mix at one time?

18. Hey midnight and hi w4tch great to see a noob getting some good advice .I usually don't let it sit for more than a day. I don't think it matters that much as long as there aren't great temperature fluctuations where the nutes are stored . Give a good stir for a minute or 2 , to get a bit of oxygen into the water. I usually get about 20% run off out of pot once watered, then I test the run off water for ec and ph. Can't go wrong. Flush the medium with ph adjusted water every two weeks , I usually have it at 5.7-5.8.

19. When you say "flush" do you mean to flush out all the nutes and only have ph water in the run off?
    What benefit does this give? Or is it simply a necessity?

20. Yes it flushes the medium of all built up salts.