Holy Grail 69 First DWC

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by AutoClass05, Jun 8, 2015.

1. What up GC. Just started my first DWC grow. So far looking good. I started this journal for guidance so enlighten yah boy.
    Im currently running...

2 40w fluorescent tube
    5 gallon bucket
    Standard aquarium air pump
    6inch airstone
    Tapwater
    Hydroton Pebbles
    Rockwool
    GH Perfomance Pack for nutes
    3/16 tubing
    Temp: 78
    Rh: 60
    Ph: 6.0
    EC&TDM: Unavailable. No meter yet.
    I have not started nutes only Rapid Start
    Holy Grail 69 Day #4

Attached Files:

2. First subbd

3. What's good Jump, hows it going and thanks bro. Good to have you abroad

4. It's going how you doin.. maybe kevieboy will see this and be able to chime in he kills it in dwc

5. Same here just cooling from this hot day and chilling with the fam. Kevieboy hmm thought I dropped by his profile not to long ago in a journal. Hopefully he stops by. Overall I've seen plenty of DWC grows but im not looking for 6ft monster's. Pretty much I want to learn how to make use to the system and achieve successful rates using different techniques.

6. Sorry for the late updates but so far HG69 Is doing well. First time running DWC and not bad. Kinda a pain to keep up and well. Ph just keeps hiking up on me everyday. Does that happen a lot. Plus I change my res every two weeks. But I top off in between. Excatly when should I change it, 1 or 2 weeks. Well heres HG69 coming in at 2 weeks and a couple of days

Attached Files:

7. Ph perfect is worth it with dwc

8. I realized it and its results are fast when it fluctuates. Faster then soil

• Like Like x 1
  9. Soil smelly fat colas dwc big wet buds i love both
    How much you get off an auto

10. did you soak your hydroton in a PHd water solution? Sometimes, depending on the bag, it's PH will be a little high. It will right it's self out eventually, but that's the problem I had!

Subbed up too! Check out my journal in the blue link and we can do this together! We are about neck and neck!

11. Yeah but guess I gotta drop it about 5.5 so it can go up 6.0 The thing i dont understand is why the ph levels hike. Gh claims it will buffer :blink: Its not

12. So I think im having a root rot going on :( anyway can explain any reasons? Just give me examples why root rot comes in. I will update lata on

13. fluctuation in PH, bacterial growth, stagnant water, bad nutes....

Do you have a pic of the roots?

14. Yeah coming up in a few, phones charging

15. #15 AutoClass05, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
    Holy Grail 69 at Week 3 doing great. Ph is at 5.7, Temp of 84 degrees and 41% humidity. GH performance pack feed. PPM AT 300-400. Not sure of water temp and still need to cover my dwc bucket dark.

HG69 Week 3 from seed 1st week of Veg

Attached Files:

16. #16 Sturm & Drang, Jun 29, 2015
    I just noticed tonight on my WW I got fungus gnats in the soil. I didn't let the soil dry out enough while I'm flushing her for the last two weeks.
    Yellow card sticky, here I come!
    do you have any roots popping through yet the hydroton or net basket? That's why will tell me if you have root rot.

17. Heres some pics of the roots
    Close up

Attached Files:

18. I never had fungus gnats before. They must be a fuckin prob. Yeah roots are coming in and you got a Journal ?

19. #19 Sturm & Drang, Jun 29, 2015
    I don't see root rot. Those roots look good. Your problem is going to be a ph issue.
    How deep is your water? How far from the net basket is it? And when you say your using tap water, is it well, softened, reverse osmosis, city

20. yeah, I got a journal. Click on the blue link below my signature

I'm getting ready to post pics of my little girls here shortly.