Worlds first Ocean cleaning system

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Deleted member 42976, Jun 5, 2015.

1. \n 

2. Awesome! Just shows we don't need the government to take care of our planet, crowd funding FTW!

3. We need a much more proactive approach then sit on our hands till summer 2016, this is absurd. The rate of oceanic pollution is beyond severe. This doesnt fix the backwards thinking that led us to where we are currently. There is only so many times where you get pissed at what humans do before you just say fuck it.
    I just saved my self from stress by switching to not giving a fuck.

4. I'm wondering how many birds fish and krill will be brutalized by tthis monstrosity all in the name of fishing for plastic

-yuri

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. isn't switching yo not give a fuck counter productive?

Isn't not giving a fuck why the world is being polluted?

-yuri

6. I actually thought of that myself. How is the machine supposed to filter out fish? smh

7. The fish it filters will be full of plastic and die from it anyways, there is always some collateral damage, I think it is beter to kill one species to save our own.

8. #8 columba, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2015

Birds? Not sure how this will effect birds...

The system is designed to allow fish, plankton, etc through it's filter system. It uses floating booms, not nets, and uses the natural flow of the current to pull the plastic into the filters. It also travels very, very slowly, which again, lends itself to being safe for marine life. Look up how it works…I think it's pretty impressive.

We've got millions and millions of aquatic animals that are dying each year because of our polluted oceans anyway, and I think it's about time we did something to clean up our shit. This is the best system anyone has come up with yet, so until somebody comes up with something better, I'm all in favour of it. 

What we really need to do though….is stop dumping all our shit in the oceans.

9. Magnets will clean the oceans

10. How? Iron and steel tend to sink.

11. Iron and steel tend to stick to magnets
    It's just conspiracies homie

12. I don't think it works how you think it works

-yuri

13. Those Asians rely on fish, i doubt they would harm too many.

I believe Japan and south Korea have a large abundance of species and volume of fish..

14. japan owes the rest of the world this anyway

15. yea or else we nukem again

-yuri

16. #17 yurigadaisukida, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2015
    ignoramusu* to imasu

-yuri

17. Ignoramuses sounds funny so I improvised

18. oh o thought you were trying to make it Japanese

-yuri